JCW Hints for April 2024

Nothing for me. Aeromexico 757 is very good looking, though.
There's a Varig 747-400 in 1:200, really hope to see that one released in 1:400 too! :)
Air France B737-500 also released in 1:200 but not in 1:400...
Just noticed the Aeromexico 757! Though not very excited by the old cradle mould

And agreed - the Varig must appear in 1:400 - that'll be a surefire hit

They're out!
A couple are tempting me including the OZ 744 to replace my Phx version. But what is really exciting me is the 1/200 set. I really hope they make that QF 734 in 1/400 as it's a model I've been wanting to be made every since I started collecting 15 years ago!
Does anyone know if the CX is a 300 or a 300ER? Hard to tell from pics.
Should be an ER since it’s in the new livery (unless there are non-ERs in the new livery).

Looks like a -300 from the artwork.

Also MHH has their retailer exclusive Panda QF 734 still available - including Freight versions of the 733 & 734 - on the superior Panda mould - released quite some time ago - few pieces left!

Yes I already have this model, but the QF livery looks so much better in the 1980's-90's on the 737-400. Can't believe it took this long for the models to come out!

Just noticed the Aeromexico 757! Though not very excited by the old cradle mould

And agreed - the Varig must appear in 1:400 - that'll be a surefire hit

Yeah, the Aeromexico 757 was also released by NG, so the JC will be good for those who missed the NG version, despite being quite inferior in quality. Besides de cradle mould, the cockpit windows on these JC 757s are quite strange sometimes.

About the Varig Jumbo, actually I'd rather have a BigBird version of a B747-300, just like when they released that Air India some months ago. But honestly, I won't complain. The B747-400 would be welcome in my collection too!

Like many, I would also like to see some of the 1:200 offerings appear in 1:400. Varig for s,ure and maybe the SW 722...

It is? I don't think JC has posted the regs yet.
From the look of the wingtip it seems to be the non-ER. The engine lacks RR logo and its larger shape made me a bit confused. I think we should wait for the official list.

I've already got a few of the Cathay ERs, so I'll probably pick this one up to compliment them. Aside from that nothing particularly interesting, still waiting for the 1:400 version of the Qantas Wunala 747 that was announced in 1:200 last year.

The CX 773 has really got many interested! I'd considered it to be the 'classic' 777 - the - 300 version - considering the wingtip in the artwork - in light of the engine and window placement discussion above - there's a shadow of doubt now. Unless JC's artwork is erroneous / incomplete
I'd have liked the 773 classic in the previous scheme - that's a gap in my CX 777 fleet

Last edited: