JC 400 May Hints

Btw @YesterAirlines , you mentioned in your recent video that good things are coming to JC, something similar which is happening with Phoneix, right? I really hope that JC also start making some obscure and interesting liveries on their strong moulds aswell... Maybe the idea of some nice 747-300's is not that far-fetched in the case of JC Wings.

Unfortunately those good things still seem some way off. There are competing priorities for JC Wings:

1. Keep marketshare, even if that means knowingly putting out inferior products as blockers (see the A380s to block the AV400 mould, increasing to 25 releases a month to compete with NG, 747-8s vs NGs, upcoming releases of MD products etc)

2. Try and improve their products. They have been making baby steps in this area. I know they've hired some QC staff for example and have forced up the quality of GJ product recently (because it ends up costing them) by refusing to continue some of GJ's worse practices. There are also a lot of new moulds in the pipeline (although probably a long way off) and a move to diversify releases.

BUT fundamentally JC is still slow and there is a leadership vacuum. The majority of this month's releases are filler from the warehouse. Some are very very old. The new mould production is slow and the actual JC team don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of what to release or how to release it.

BUT fundamentally JC is still slow and there is a leadership vacuum. The majority of this month's releases are filler from the warehouse. Some are very very old. The new mould production is slow and the actual JC team don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of what to release or how to release it.
Are they not willing to listen to what customers/collector ask for, like DT does for Phoenix? They have amazing variety and the far majority of feedback is positive. Not sure about sale numbers, but otherwise I don't see why manufacturers wouldn't want to do this. There are loads of old models that are in high demand for re-release, but yet nobody makes them.
Only when the competition announces a new mould, other manufacturers fill the market with the same aircraft type.

I'm not actually sure what mould this will be. JC Wings has never made a series 300 before. It's possibly a new version based on the new 400 mould but I suspect it is the old seamed Gemini mould (they last used in 2003). It's ok but obviously pretty obsolescent by modern standards. I actually have a Dragonair example made by Phoenix in 2006. I think it might be the same mould. There are so few 747-300s about it is hard to know for sure:

View attachment 29276
Seems like you were right:Screenshot_20240425_203137_Chrome.jpg