If you had a too chose between Mould and livery/paint job on a model which you choosing

Amazing Mould with horrible paint job or Bad mould with amazing paint job and livery

• Amazing mould and horrible paint job, colours and livery

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Bad mould but amazing paint job, colours and livery

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
This is a tough choice. Though, I'd go with the good look / bad mould option. No point in a fantastic mould if it looks like a 3 year old's artwork, no offense to young Picassos out there...

Depends on how bad the mould is, like for example no matter how good of a mould Aero Classics could make there paint issues would make it sub par. But for reference gemin Jets dose paint really well but some moulds like there old crj-900 makes all of that irrelevant. But in the end I think the colours are a bit more important but like I said depends on the situation.

Wow, that's a tough one. As much as I like an accurate livery and paint... It wouldn't work for me on a lousy mould

My choice:

Amazing mould and horrible paint job, colours and livery.​

Sometimes a livery error can be corrected with custom works, but nothing can be saved when a mould is bad.
Phoenix have an awful 747 mould and sadly I had to pass a few releases just because of that!

If the mould's bad then the model is bad no matter the candy coating. No deal.
A good mould with horrible painting/printing/detailing is usually a no deal too. There's absolutely nothing I'd so desperately need to buy it anyways. Only exception would be to get it, strip it and go custom..

Wow, an even split. I chose to go with great printing on a bad mould. I will apologise in advance, but I have bought Phoenix 747s in the past, and the livery/printing sometime makes up for the abysmal mould. @LeoMuse747, I know this may be an unforgivable sin, but I ordered the Phoenix Air New Zealand 747 from earlier this year, and I did like it until the euphoria of a new model and I put it back in its box, never to be seen again… So that is the justification for my choice. :D

Wow, an even split.
Perfectly shows the reasons why there are so many heated discussions around "nitpicking" in this hobby. Too many camps of different expectations.

I'd have wished for two additional poll options though:
- no deal if either one is bad
- deal no matter how bad it is

Bad mould is the bigger issue, because a bad mould looks off from a mile away and even with a cursory glance. Printing errors usually need some closer inspection to notice. That being said, both are deal-breakers in a purchase scenario.

My choice:

Amazing mould and horrible paint job, colours and livery.​

Sometimes a livery error can be corrected with custom works, but nothing can be saved when a mould is bad.
Phoenix have an awful 747 mould and sadly I had to pass a few releases just because of that!
I dunno man i have there Viasa KLM hybrid 747 and it's the next best thing you can get without selling your organs

Wow, an even split. I chose to go with great printing on a bad mould. I will apologise in advance, but I have bought Phoenix 747s in the past, and the livery/printing sometime makes up for the abysmal mould. @LeoMuse747, I know this may be an unforgivable sin, but I ordered the Phoenix Air New Zealand 747 from earlier this year, and I did like it until the euphoria of a new model and I put it back in its box, never to be seen again… So that is the justification for my choice. :D

hahaha LOL
that would be a fantastic release if they had a decent mould. They've been releasing nice liveries. Aerolineas Argentinas and Atlas Air, for example... I'd take these!

I dunno man i have there Viasa KLM hybrid 747 and it's the next best thing you can get without selling your organs

I can assure you there are many other models that blow that one out of the water! 😜

Last edited: