Help Identifying What Is left of a DC-9

EQ Planes

Here is the what is left of a DC-9 in Langley British Columbia at a museum. It appears to have had mock Twa paintings on it at some point in time however it dose not appear to be its original colours. You can see what looks to be the original paint popping out though with gold red and black. My initial thought was it could be ex continental but the placement for the colours looks incorrect. Been trying to figure out what airline and reg it has come from for awhile so let me know if you know were this could be from.
655E3CE3-5560-429E-B753-FAA63E6522A4.jpeg1F979B40-79A1-4497-9DDA-ACBE144D50CC.jpeg2ABC89CA-0A20-44D9-AF3A-B16340D3AF1D.jpeg

Using the 1308 shown, I did find a tail number for N1308T, which did operate with Texas International, New York Air, Continental, and then Northwest before being damaged in a tug incident in 2007 at MSP. It may not be the same one that’s shown here though.

Using the 1308 shown, I did find a tail number for N1308T, which did operate with Texas International, New York Air, Continental, and then Northwest before being damaged in a tug incident in 2007 at MSP. It may not be the same one that’s shown here though.
Yeah I was thinking it could be that too, there was some gold paint under it wich I thought was original but could have been added after?

Here is the what is left of a DC-9 in Langley British Columbia at a museum. It appears to have had mock Twa paintings on it at some point in time however it dose not appear to be its original colours. You can see what looks to be the original paint popping out though with gold red and black. My initial thought was it could be ex continental but the placement for the colours looks incorrect. Been trying to figure out what airline and reg it has come from for awhile so let me know if you know were this could be from.
View attachment 7789View attachment 7790View attachment 7791
former TWA? (yes I used google)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 10.21.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 10.21.29 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Yeah, now we just need to know what this DC-9 did to get its nose removed from the rest of the plane like that!
Well, plenty of TWA's 9s went to the scrapdealers and they did their best in selling what could be sold, no matter if just metal flakes or entire nose sections I take it.
Granted we're really looking at a TWA frame which would also be my guess going by those colors.

Anyone actually asked the owner what is was?

Another save way to identify would be to look for parts with manufacturer ident. part numbers and check back with Boeing. Not sure if they'd really help in such case though.

Last edited:
Well, plenty of TWA's 9s went to the scrapdealers and they did their best in selling what could be sold, no matter if just metal flakes or entire nose sections I take it.
Granted we're really looking at a TWA frame which would also be my guess going by those colors.

Anyone actually asked the owner?
That was my thought too. If we know the name of the museum, someone should just email them asking about the DC-9.

I also checked Planespotters.net and rzjets.net and I don't see any evidence that N1308T was ever operated by TWA.

Last edited:
Most definitely a Northwest DC-9, looks sort of like the orient livery, found this photo online.

Attachments

• 0E2DB2A4-2E55-411E-BDED-2DFC4F41770A.jpeg
    0E2DB2A4-2E55-411E-BDED-2DFC4F41770A.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 8
Yep, that's the livery Northwest adopted after the merger with Republic, all they did was remove "Orient" from the titles. It's also known as the "thermometer" scheme.

View attachment 7789View attachment 7790View attachment 7791
im headed there this saturday, ill try and figure out where the dc9 came from for ya (edit, just read other messages and i think yalls found out)