Hello and Introduction

Falcon737

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum after finding it via Redriveraviation’s YouTube channel so I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m from Tulsa, Oklahoma but just recently moved to upstate New York for college. I’ve been extremely interested in aviation for about a year now and I just got my first (good) 1:400 models for Christmas, though I’ve already had some in other scales like 1:200 as well as some cheap models. I’m mostly interested in collecting U.S. airlines, both current and older (a couple of my favorites are Pan Am and Southwest), but I also really like Air New Zealand.

The 1:400 models I got recently (one two days ago and one today) are both GeminiJets, the Southwest California One (N943WN) and a Breeze Embraer 195AR (N190BZ). I’m hoping to get more 1:400 models soon, as I am planning to visit two different model stores in the next month. I’m looking forward to discussing aviation and learning more about model collecting! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• 89D31E72-13D9-4FE8-9464-11146E651C4C.jpeg
    89D31E72-13D9-4FE8-9464-11146E651C4C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • A1039CF3-F89E-4515-B29A-9AF14CEA7226.jpeg
    A1039CF3-F89E-4515-B29A-9AF14CEA7226.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Merry Christmas, and a big welcome to MAF! I am greatly excited to meet a fellow collector with an interest in Air NZ! I know you will have a great time here, and if you have any questions, or just want to chat, please feel free to DM me. Cheers! :D

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum after finding it via Redriveraviation’s YouTube channel so I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m from Tulsa, Oklahoma but just recently moved to upstate New York for college. I’ve been extremely interested in aviation for about a year now and I just got my first (good) 1:400 models for Christmas, though I’ve already had some in other scales like 1:200 as well as some cheap models. I’m mostly interested in collecting U.S. airlines, both current and older (a couple of my favorites are Pan Am and Southwest), but I also really like Air New Zealand.

The 1:400 models I got recently (one two days ago and one today) are both GeminiJets, the Southwest California One (N943WN) and a Breeze Embraer 195AR (N190BZ). I’m hoping to get more 1:400 models soon, as I am planning to visit two different model stores in the next month. I’m looking forward to discussing aviation and learning more about model collecting! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone (and sorry for the delayed response)!

I actually was able to see N190BZ in person at the end of last year (less than a week after I got the model) after happening to realize it was landing at an airport I’d be driving past, so that was super cool! I also got 5 new models, which I’ll be posting on the latest 1:400 purchases thread.