Gemini Jets 1:400 British Airways Boeing 742 Sample "Bauhaus" Tail Model?

BA117

I understand, back in 2001 GJ produced a BA Boeing 742 sample in the fantasy "Bauhaus" tail model, no registration, anyone know the background to the model or why it was produced?

Last edited:
Gemini did lots of samples of BA Utopia tails back then. They didn't always make it to full production level. Often appearing on the 2nd hand market or eBay.

Last edited:
The 'Bauhaus' tail is one of my favourites utopia schemes, wasn't aware of this, will keep an eye out.
Check out Richard's excellent Yesterday's Airlines website under "The History of Gemini Jets 1998-2004" for a photograph of the Bauhaus 747.

Last edited:
Just out of interest, anyone know if Gemini Jets/ADI have a model archive respository where they have a copy of every GJ model, production and sample model they've produced?

If not open to the public at their Las Vegas home, surely they have a copy of every model produced worthy of a museum set up given their founding father status in this hobby?

Last edited:
Just out of interest, anyone know if Gemini Jets/ADI have a model archive respository where they have a copy of every GJ model, production and sample model they've produced?

If not open to the public at their Las Vegas home, surely they have a copy of every model produced worthy of a museum set up given their founding father status in this hobby?
I think they keep a complete display at their Vegas HQ, I've seen Elliot doing interviews in it on TV.