Fedex DC-10 incident at YYC N306FE (Same Aircraft Involved in hijacking incident)

N321FE is now on it's way to Victorville to be placed in storage. N307FE is still in Memphis right now, probably won't be much longer.

At YYC on the 28 of nov 2022 the aircraft seemingly has encounterd some kinda of issues after pushing out for the evening flight to Memphis.
Not sure what happened to the aircraft but has been sitting here since then.
This aircraft was involved in the 90s in an absolutely epic aviation story in wich the crew had a bloody battle with a hijacker, the pilot managed not only to roll the aircraft and fly inverted but also survive a full power dive bringing the plane close to supersonic speeds . They were then able to mange to land the plane despite being incredibly injured overweight and fast on approach. in my opinion the most impressive things to have ever happened in aviation even more so then the landing on the hudson or Gimli glider and surprised more don‘t known about it I highly recommend watching the free documentary on YT. Fedex flight 705.
View attachment 7197View attachment 7198
I thought she was stored in Victorville! The flight of 705 is one of the legends my late great grandfather told me in my teens as an aspiring pilot long before my diagnosis of autism and mental illness. He may have flown for another airline at the time (United) but he flew on the DC-10 (S/O) and he loved that bird more than life itself.

I thought she was stored in Victorville! The flight of 705 is one of the legends my late great grandfather told me in my teens as an aspiring pilot long before my diagnosis of autism and mental illness. He may have flown for another airline at the time (United) but he flew on the DC-10 (S/O) and he loved that bird more than life itself.
Yes, N306FE has been stored at Victorville since February 22nd. All FedEx DC-10s have been taken out of service. All are stored at Victorville except for N307FE....it's still at MEM for now...will probably be making it's final flight to VCV in the next week or so.

Yes, N306FE has been stored at Victorville since February 22nd. All FedEx DC-10s have been taken out of service. All are stored at Victorville except for N307FE....it's still at MEM for now...will probably be making it's final flight to VCV in the next week or so.
sad to see them go...