Exclusive Content/Forum Suggestions

redriveraviation

Staff member
Hi guys,

Hope everybody is doing well! I was wondering if there was any type of exclusive content you guys would like to see here on MAF? Would you guys like to see a model review, comparison, or something like that? Feel free to recommend a model(s) if so. I would also be happy to make any other sort of content, just feel free to leave a reply below, and you can definitely expect that to come! Thank you!

I would like to see model reviews, mould comparisons, and similar things that could help with future model purchases....especially with prices the way they are...I want to get the best for my money.

Hi guys,

Hope everybody is doing well! I was wondering if there was any type of exclusive content you guys would like to see here on MAF? Would you guys like to see a model review, comparison, or something like that? Feel free to recommend a model(s) if so. I would also be happy to make any other sort of content, just feel free to leave a reply below, and you can definitely expect that to come! Thank you!
I do have some ideas maybe something like Flightradar24 finding for real world Aviation

An idea for later that can be kept in mind is something that we could do pertaining to Airliners International 2023 in Dallas, Texas. Perhaps a category where we can share news and information about the convention, and when the time comes, we have a place to share our acquisitions, and maybe another place to alert other collectors to a rare find if they see something really good that another collector might enjoy (like a rare model spotted at a given table, or other piece of memorabilia). After the convention, we can have it remain for each annual convention and repeat the process.

Also to expand on the idea, we can have a place set up to alert others of other aviation conventions, especially as the forum grows.

I would like to see model reviews, mould comparisons, and similar things that could help with future model purchases....especially with prices the way they are...I want to get the best for my money.
Some buyers guide style content like that would be helpful to help collectors know what to buy

An idea for later that can be kept in mind is something that we could do pertaining to Airliners International 2023 in Dallas, Texas. Perhaps a category where we can share news and information about the convention, and when the time comes, we have a place to share our acquisitions, and maybe another place to alert other collectors to a rare find if they see something really good that another collector might enjoy (like a rare model spotted at a given table, or other piece of memorabilia). After the convention, we can have it remain for each annual convention and repeat the process.

Also to expand on the idea, we can have a place set up to alert others of other aviation conventions, especially as the forum grows.
That’s a good idea, I like the idea of interacting or collaborating with the airliners shows.

Hi guys,

Absolutely. Something that an old or new collector can easily access to find out what issues a mould or model may have would be cool, especially as something that someone could figure out if they wanna get it or not. Especially with new releases, seeing reviews on those (like each model in a release)

To confirm, additional video content for you guys here was the goal. Feel free to suggest any videos you want to see on the forum here, and I can post them!

An Airliners thread can definitely happen.

That would definitely be possible, Ali, what do you think about a custom section?

Perhaps something about a wishlist section for each manufacturer, continent or aircraft type? Not throwing everything together or suggest aircraft they don't have the mould for. I for example have no interest in modern twinjets, so I would not like to scroll through loads of suggestions that I don't care about.

Ali, do you think it would be to crowded to do this or it would be reasonable? We could make a full section inside of the 1:400 section with sub-threads for each, maybe that would be the best way to do it.

To confirm, additional video content for you guys here was the goal. Feel free to suggest any videos you want to see on the forum here, and I can post them!

An Airliners thread can definitely happen.

That would definitely be possible, Ali, what do you think about a custom section?
A customs thread category is a great idea, I will make that later today.
Ali, do you think it would be to crowded to do this or it would be reasonable? We could make a full section inside of the 1:400 section with sub-threads for each, maybe that would be the best way to do it.
That could work, we could have a sishlist thread category with a few pinned ones for NG, AeroClassics at the top but still have it unlocked to allow people to discuss new specific models they wish would be made. Thoughts on that? Happy to hear input about it.

Also looks like 1/200 classifieds category isn't being utilized so may just create a single classifieds category or a airline model classifieds category and military model classifieds category. Anyone else have any inputs about other currently existing sections or new section requests?