Earlier today on MAF and a thank you message to our members!

Well what with Richard being chased out and the acceptance of 'The dark villain of DAC' as a new member here, I'll be saying my goodbyes too. It's been a great few weeks, but the same scenario is certain to develop here, thanks but no thanks. 👎
Sad world we live in when knowledge and experience is overtaken by someones fame - viewzz and subscribers.

Hello Friends,

Guys, please here is our world, It have been so complicated to great a group like this, us collectors, we should support each other, there is absolutelly no reason for let crisys like this happen, please before ofend each other try be nice and fix issues with a simple PM, I also do not agree to let Richard go, I would say this guy is one of the most intellectual property we have, we need more people to help develop the hobby and help us with better models and material.
I do agree also with MAF rules, take the principle everyone makes mistakes and no one can be free of it, free speach is also very important but it cannot cause issues with a hole community.
We are adults and for sure we should be able to fix our problems in a manner everyone can add to the forum.
So Please be nice, you guys had the best idea to create this forum, now its time to be nice again and do not let it die, call each other friends and forget about this stupid issues.
Come back Richard with your "yesterday airlines", and makes us hapoy with all your support, and MAF moderators do something to keep us as a aviation family, brings to the sky not to the ground.

Hello Friends,

Guys, please here is our world, It have been so complicated to great a group like this, us collectors, we should support each other, there is absolutelly no reason for let crisys like this happen, please before ofend each other try be nice and fix issues with a simple PM, I also do not agree to let Richard go, I would say this guy is one of the most intellectual property we have, we need more people to help develop the hobby and help us with better models and material.
I do agree also with MAF rules, take the principle everyone makes mistakes and no one can be free of it, free speach is also very important but it cannot cause issues with a hole community.
We are adults and for sure we should be able to fix our problems in a manner everyone can add to the forum.
So Please be nice, you guys had the best idea to create this forum, now its time to be nice again and do not let it die, call each other friends and forget about this stupid issues.
Come back Richard with your "yesterday airlines", and makes us hapoy with all your support, and MAF moderators do something to keep us as a aviation family, brings to the sky not to the ground.
yep i agree
its a lot different without yesterdays airlines

I appreciate the sentiment. The irony is that just a few days ago I was once again threatened with legal action by this individual. You can see the details here in the comments on this review: https://www.yesterdaysairlines.com/...-airlines-airbus-a320-212-ur-dai-aeroclassics

You judge whether I have done anything wrong to receive this threat.

This history of ongoing harassment and threats is why I felt the need for some protection on MAF, but Ali didn't think that was reasonable and neither did quite a lot of the people on here.

There are however still good people about and over at the 'Way Better Group' on Facebook this latest set of threats got him banned from the group by the admin (I didn't even have to ask for it there).

I appreciate the sentiment. The irony is that just a few days ago I was once again threatened with legal action by this individual. You can see the details here in the comments on this review: https://www.yesterdaysairlines.com/...-airlines-airbus-a320-212-ur-dai-aeroclassics

This history of ongoing harassment and threats is why I felt the need for some protection on MAF, but Ali didn't think that was reasonable and neither did quite a lot of the people on here.

There are however still good people about and over at the 'Way Better Group' on Facebook this latest set of threats got him banned from the group by the admin (I didn't even have to ask for it there).
It’s great to see you back Richard, even if only for a short time. You may have seen my comment on your Instagram post concerning AK’s threats, but I think that shows whose side I am on. Would you mind linking the ‘Way Better Group’ on FB? I am interested in a collecting community without AK.

Cheers! - Oscar

It’s great to see you back Richard, even if only for a short time. You may have seen my comment on your Instagram post concerning AK’s threats, but I think that shows whose side I am on. Would you mind linking the ‘Way Better Group’ on FB? I am interested in a collecting community without AK.

Cheers! - Oscar
No problem. He has actually been banned or not accepted into the 4 biggest FB groups for 400 scale now. Here are links to 3 of them:

400 Scale In Detail: https://www.facebook.com/groups/400id

1:400 Scale Model Aircraft World: https://www.facebook.com/groups/581316352245380

Way Better 1/400 and 1/200 Aircraft Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/510424305761162

Can you imagine the judge, what did you do wrong? Well I compared and reviewed two 1/400 models that I bought with my own money lol. As if you can help it that some manufacturers don't like each other a lot.

On a positive side, it seems that even people that don't like you a lot have the guilty pleasure of reading your reviews ;)

Would be great to see you back on this forum!

I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if AC's owner focused more on improving his own products rather than bad-mouthing competitors. Creating new moulds isn't being a "copycat," and fixing errors based on collector feedback isn't what "bottom-feeders" do. Besides, I don't think AC (or any other brand) has the right to talk about "intellectual property," since 99% of these models are unlicensed.

I appreciate what legacy brands like JC/GJ, PH and AC have brought to this hobby. But I don't buy models out of appreciation or brand loyalty, I buy them based on accuracy alone. And no amount of bashing is going to turn me (and probably many others) away from NG and AV400, at least until they get complacent or someone better comes along.

Last edited:

Hello Richard,

As you can see many of us here belive you should stay in the forum and keep helping us build a decent place to discuss our hobby, honestly makes no sense discuss with AK, everbody knows the way he handle his bussiness and as wel how he threat his customers.
Like i wrote instagram couple days ago the job you do for us, is huge and keep us improvind day by day as collectors, I also belive sometimes we do not support you enought, i mean its a quality content that no one else spent time doing it besides you ans your great work.
You have nothing to worrie about, what you do is totally legal, you do not manufacture models, you do reviews ans this is a absolutelly legal, you can watch millions of this every day on all social medias.
Once again I ask you yo stay hete and help us all, create more content and keep this forum alive togegher with the good people, I'm pretty sure all moderators and participants of this group will feel happy to have you around.
Sometimes argue with some people is not worth it, keep your way and simple ignore any kind of threats, for sure is much more people apprecisting your hard work.

So @AKlein707 becomes a complete jerk when anyone says anything bad about Aeroclassics regardless of whether the critic is objective or not, there is no denying that. But where does it say that he is not allowed to be one?

I personally don't think taking sides is the best approach, and in full honesty, I also see with wary eyes people that can't tolerate Andrew at all and want him banned. And no, I am not talking about Richard or anyone specifically here, there are a number of people (luckily not too many) who have publicly expressed their disgust towards Andrew's attitude and have stated that they have stopped participating in forums and purchasing Aeroclassics products altogether because they got offended by Andrew. I am not sure I feel comfortable around people with that attitude either, and will much rather take a nasty, but predictable, AK every day.

Andrew did scare me away back in 2009, he was very vocal and had a strong following, so you did not want to stand up against the owner of Aeroclassics, even when he was wrong (and he often was). But over the years I have come to notice that Andrew is just a grumpy old man and a teddy bear more than anything, and a pretty low threat overall. Sure, there might have been some pretty real cutthroat moves behind the scenes, but he would not be alone in that batch as it is the way the 1:400 scale world has been since its inception, so that can't be held against him.

One has to understand where AK comes from, first, he is very proud of himself (arrogant? - what are you gonna do about it, none of us are perfect), and second Aeroclassics was, in fact, the king of 1:400 scale once upon a time. So as nasty and unpleasant as he can be when he defends Aeroclassics with absurd arguments, It is rather a logical response that comes from the deep frustration that an overly-proud man feels when he has been dethroned.

The way Andrew is threatening Richard is absolutely horrendous (it is far from being the first time Andrew makes public threats against people and manufacturers), and this kind of attitude is probably the worst of him. As tolerant as I am, it does make me feel some pretty palpable disgust toward Andrew when I see this side of him. So, I have no problem at all in giving Richard my full support in this situation.

But I also have some words for Richard: I wouldn't say you lower yourself to the same level as Andrew because that is pretty difficult to do when he gets this nasty. But you do show a side that is not your best (in my eyes) when you engage. I love the Richard who is a passionate collector and has done an unmatched job in producing high-quality literature regarding our hobby, but if you allow me, I would say don't spoil all the great work you do by biting into Andrew's childish tantrums. You can go back and find 20-year-old threads over on DAC and see Andrew behaving in the same (or worst) way, so I'd be hard-pressed to believe that he is going to change ever, and he doesn't have to. As I have said before don't take it personally and keep moving forward. Of course, you don't have to change either Richard, but if you see me staying on the sidelines don't think it is because I am not on your side or anything like that, it is just that I am doing the same thing that I do with Andrew, ignore the not-so-nice side and focus on the good.

Which brings me to the last point. Let's not forget who AK really is behind the monster facade. He is, after all, the owner of one of the most influential brands in this hobby, and he has done what none of us have: he has poured tons of cash and sweat into producing the very models that bring us together. Recently those models are leaving much to be desired, yes, but boy is he almost singlehandedly responsible for producing the most sought-after gems of the 1:400 scale world. Let the man have a tantrum every now and then, smile and move on...

Most of us can see through all this anyway, my first models of 2023 have arrived: a pair of Aeroclassics old releases, an Aeroperu 727-200 and a TAP 707. I also recently placed my first "big" new order of the year and it doesn't include a single Aeroclassics. At the end of the day, collecting criteria and quality is what ultimately defines which manufacturers will get our money, childish tantrums, and legal threats aside.
@YankeeVictor , I do support your words 100%, thanks for helping us with a different point of view!

I echo your sentiment YV, although I wish I could just stand on the sidelines and watch. Unfortunately, I hate seeing injustices/bullying behaviour happening while I do nothing. Although doing nothing is often the safest option, I always feel guilty if I don't stand up for what I believe or think is right. These traits have unfortunately not always been kind to me, and my actions often lead to me being dragged into something that I could have avoided.

I think 'dethroned' is the right word. The classic storybook tale of a dethroned ruler out for revenge, struggling against his adversaries and resorting to desperate measures to reclaim any sort of reputation. Although this is quite the exaggeration on my part, I feel it does depict AK and his opinions and actions towards people whom he disagrees with. I was not in the hobby back in AK's 'glory' days, but from reading old DA.C threads it must have been quite a scary time. I find it funny how people who have met him in person say he is quite a nice guy, it really shows what sort of monster can emerge from hiding behind a screen.

That's some of my two cents, and I think you summed up the whole situation perfectly.

Regards,
Oscar

Last edited:
I echo your sentiment YV, although I wish I could just stand on the sidelines and watch. Unfortunately, I hate seeing injustices/bullying behaviour happening while I do nothing. Although doing nothing is often the safest option, I always feel guilty if I don't stand up for what I believe or think is right. These traits have unfortunately not always been kind to me, and my actions often lead to me being dragged into something that I could have avoided.

I think 'dethroned' is the right word. The classic storybook tale of a dethroned ruler out for revenge, struggling against his adversaries and resorting to desperate measures to reclaim any sort of reputation. Although this is quite the exaggeration on my part, I feel it does depict AK and his opinions and actions towards people whom he disagrees with. I was not in the hobby back in AK's 'glory' days, but from reading old DA.C threads it must have been quite a scary time. I find it funny how people who have met him in person say he is quite a nice guy, it really shows what sort of monster can emerge from hiding behind a screen.

That's some of my two cents, and I think you summed up the whole situation perfectly.

Regards,
Oscar

We all should stand up for what we think is right. I think the right thing is to be partial so I stand up for not taking sides :ROFLMAO:. Seriously, I have a hard time picking sides because I have a tendency to see valid points on every side. This can be a challenge in a society in which politics and religion are omnipresent topics. This is probably the reason I try to push for partiality in the hobby whenever I get the chance. Anyway, I have said what I wanted to say here.

BTW, on a different note, I was successful in contacting NG with the tips you gave me.

Richard, I do hope that you come back here on a regular basis. I thoroughly enjoy your model and mould reviews.

F AK. Dude is a psychopath who can't take the slightest criticism without blowing up. Sure he makes some nice models from time to time but his behavior is absolutely distasteful (and it's crazy to see how people would still suck up to him and feed his ego).

Just think of how AK treats his employees...who would want a boss with that kind of a narcissistic attitude?
ok i do see your point but calling someone a psychopath is on a whole other level.
we should all stop bringing this back and stirring up the fire.
this happened months ago

Regards,
Oscar
I deleted my original post. While it was a very honest opinion on my part, some aspects of it have changed slightly, hence my decision to delete it.

F AK. Dude is a psychopath who can't take the slightest criticism without blowing up. Sure he makes some ________ from time to time but his behavior is absolutely distasteful (and it's crazy to see how people would still suck up to him and feed his ego).

It recently occurred to me that this statement not only applies to AK. I have seen the light 🙌☀️

I deleted my original post. While it was a very honest opinion on my part, some aspects of it have changed slightly, hence my decision to delete it.

It recently occurred to me that this statement not only applies to AK. I have seen the light 🙌☀️
I understand, I have removed the quote from mine too.