Detailed Review - Virgin Atlantic Airbus A340-1041 G-VEVE by NG Models

YesterAirlines

Some of the latest NG Models have arrived at the hangar and they include the 2nd NG A35K release in the colours of VS. I thought I'd take a closer look at this release, especially because it is a challenging scheme to replicate. I'm interested to hear what people think but personally I think they've done a decent job with the colours and replicating the metallic paint, however as always it isn't perfect either. A close look at the mould however reaffirms that in detail this is the best A350 in 400 scale.

VS_A35K_G-VEVE_06.JPG

Damn, the VS livery looks great on the A35K. Originally I was not planning on getting this, but I think you've changed my mind. :)

Once again a nice review, thanks for making this!

I'm a little saddened by the print quality of the emblem on the nose though, I noticed this as well on the NG Star Wars 737 which had a much more pixelated print than its JC wings counterpart. I guess NG, while having the best mould, does not have the best printer.

Having said that however, I think NG especially nailed the look of the purple text on this model.

I have the Aviation 400 Virgin Atlantic G-VPOP and I'am pleased with that one, but don't like the pivot gear, I like NG's static gear instead.

Is it me, or did they fix the little "hump" over the cockpit windows on the mould? Now it looks considerably better.

Great review Richard. G-VEVE is a regular at Manchester. NG did a great job with the colours, I’m hoping they decide to make another a330 with the wifi Dome as I believe the first release was missing it. Even better, I hope NG will make some 747-400s in this livery when they get around to making the mould ;)

I appreciate the review by yesterdays airlines and all the detailing of the new NG release. I to agree the paint is not as accurate as one would like and surprisingly I favor more with the sparkly colors produced by Gemini Jets. Call me crazy but I think it is the better color blend of this difficult livery.

I appreciate the review by yesterdays airlines and all the detailing of the new NG release. I to agree the paint is not as accurate as one would like and surprisingly I favor more with the sparkly colors produced by Gemini Jets. Call me crazy but I think it is the better color blend of this difficult livery.
GeminiJets is actually really good when it comes to producing these sparkly coloured liveries. Both their Virgin Atlantic and their Skyteam livery models are very true to the original.