Database?

I agree that having such a database would allow MAF to become the true number 1 forum for us collectors!
If such a database would ever be made I would suggest that it would include an option to import databases from current database websites as well.

If such a database would ever be made I would suggest that it would include an option to import databases from current database websites as well.

That would go down luck a bucket of cold sick!

Creating a database from fresh is a gargantuan task - especially because a lot of the manufacturers disavow themselves of models they make. Even if you had their co-operation the list would be incomplete

It’s definitely hard to get a database going. B767Avia posted my Gemini Jets 1:400 database on here and it is most certainly incomplete. Still working on getting the GeminiMacs stuff too. A majority of the main, public release models are included, but I am missing some of the more deeper, lesser known exclusive models. As such, I don’t see a database being added here due to the daunting nature of it; needing to get every big manufacturer out there, the smaller ones, etc.

Unrelated, but it does make me wonder how many unique 200 scale and 400 scale model airplanes have been produced. The number has to be in the tens of thousands, if not higher.

It’s definitely hard to get a database going. B767Avia posted my Gemini Jets 1:400 database on here and it is most certainly incomplete. Still working on getting the GeminiMacs stuff too. A majority of the main, public release models are included, but I am missing some of the more deeper, lesser known exclusive models. As such, I don’t see a database being added here due to the daunting nature of it; needing to get every big manufacturer out there, the smaller ones, etc.

Unrelated, but it does make me wonder how many unique 200 scale and 400 scale model airplanes have been produced. The number has to be in the tens of thousands, if not higher.

To be honest DiMA is almost complete. There won't be almost anything missing since it consists of the old DAC database and everything since then that has passed through Waffle's hands plus most of the more unusual recent brands too.

For example DiMA suggests there have been 16,879 400 scale models although this includes some customs and GSE.