Creating your own decals

Jolly Roger

As a hobby I have been making custom models for over 10 years of Airlines and liveries that had, or have not been produced by mainstream manufacturers.
I mainly concentrate on UK based airlines (past and present ) in 1/200 scale but have made several 1/400’s. To date I have made 178 custom models in 3 scales (7 in 1/500, 87 in 1/400, 84 in 1/200), and replicated 72 Airlines and using 31 different airframes. For all but 1 I have created my own decals and in 2017 I was asked by the Model Airliner magazine to write an article on how to create your own decals and this is the link to that article should you be interested.

https://modelairliner.com/creating-your-own-custom-decals/

l hope the content is of some help if you have ever contemplated making your own custom model

I am not as skilled as you Mike and also do not have a laser colour printer, so I have got some commercial decal sellers to reduce some decals to 1/400. F-Dcal and 26Decals have done these for a SABENA DC-3 and Cambrian Airways Viscount, neither made by any diecast manufacturer.SABENA DC-3 (1).jpgCambrian Viscouint (1) - Copy.jpg

Last edited: