Cockpit Printing

It is very sad. I was not in this hobby back in the early days, I only really started collecting as things started to fall apart. Sadly that’s just the way the cookie crumbles. I’m just thankful that we have NG to give us good quality moulds.

I'm just glad NG exists, because I won't have to spend close to 200 bucks on 1:200s anymore; I've found that NG 400s offer the same level of detail at less than half the price. NG's Tristar actually has more printed details than IF200's version, and this is coming from someone who adores the latter.

IMO NG's Tristar and 747SP are their strongest moulds. I think it's the chrome that makes them look a little classier than the modern types. That, and twins just don't have the same presence as tris and quads.
Yep. Chrome just makes any model look stunning. I don't think that the SP and Tristar are just NG's strongest moulds, I think they might be the strongest moulds in the whole of 1:400.

Yep. Chrome just makes any model look stunning. I don't think that the SP and Tristar are just NG's strongest moulds, I think they might be the strongest moulds in the whole of 1:400.
Definitely. There's really nothing to critique about any NG mould other than the 777, but the Tristar and 747SP excel even for their standards. Which makes me all the more hyped for the other 747s...

Definitely. There's really nothing to critique about any NG mould other than the 777, but the Tristar and 747SP excel even for their standards. Which makes me all the more hyped for the other 747s...
And even with the 777, it is still an excellent mould in it's own right.

Av400, NG, and JC are all fantastic, but I feel like the NG version is closest to being a perfect 777. Other manufacturers simply do not match the level of NG's Boeing cockpit windows, and NG has always been keen in terms of modifying mould features such as the APU. Don't understand what's taking them so long this time!

@B767Avia, I completely agree with you. Up until a week ago, the JC was my preferred 777. Then I got NG's Qatar 77W and it blew my mind. Even without the moulded APU, it is still my favourite 777. NG's quality and detailing is just unmatched, and that is what makes it the best.

@B767Avia, I completely agree with you. Up until a week ago, the JC was my preferred 777. Then I got NG's Qatar 77W and it blew my mind. Even without the moulded APU, it is still my favourite 777. NG's quality and detailing is just unmatched, and that is what makes it the best.
20221029_053333.jpg
I also have NG's Qatar 77W, and the cockpit windshield is indeed spot-on. The NG does have a more upscale feel than the JCW, and I think that's because of the printing, landing gear and aerials. JC's colors are quite dull, while NG's printing is vivid and detailed. Landing gear moulding's a lot more crisp, and they actually roll smoothly. The aerials are not oversized like every other 1:400 manufacturer; AC's rationale for not including them is that they're too minute to properly replicate in 400 scale, but NG's made them work. Minor details, but they make all the difference.

Two recent releases. JC Wings Japan Airlines 787-8 and GJ British Airways 787-8. Look at the placement of the cockpit windshield? The JAL looks good but the British Airways is a tad higher. Lol!

Attachments

• 85103.2.jpg
    85103.2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 83800.1.jpg
    83800.1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 24
As much as I hate to discredit Gemini and the recent horrible cockpit printing the reality is Gemini has made the Airbus narrow body mold worse as well as the printing on the cockpit. My advice for many collectors is save your energy and anger on Gemini and don’t buy these narrow body airbuses. With NG soon to release many Airbus models as well as Panda models new and amazing mold, these next few years are definitely going to see everything Gemini has produced and then some.