Brand History - Phoenix Models Pt2

YesterAirlines

Last month I published the first part of the history of Phoenix Models. In part 2 I investigate how it broke free from its origins and expanded into one of the most important and popular brands in the scale courtesy of an impressive mould manufacturing period between 2006 and 2013:

Phoenix_Header - 2.JPG

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I must say that Phoenix was one of my least favorite brands. Most of their moulds don't look that good to me (I specially hate their 747s and i'm also not a fan of the shiny wheelhubs on their models), but lately i'm more and more attracted to this brand due to their wonderful release selections.

Their 767s looks really nice and now i'm always eager to see their releases.
It's so good to see them focusing on classics, blending them with modern planes and pleasing everyone all at once.

Yeah Phoenix has been doing a lot better and we can thank @DTcustoms for the majority of that positive change in terms of better model selections, updated moulds and the Il-96-400.

I have complained a lot about some Phoenix issues (737 cockpits, 747 moulds etc) but there are still 164 Phoenix branded models in my collection. They aren't up there with the top brands nowadays but back in the early 2010s they were probably near the top of the heap, along with Aeroclassics and Witty/Apollo at the time.