Aviation400 November 2023 Releases

They've modified the NLG - looks more refined in the new one
And the cockpit template is slightly modified as well (not good)

Not only the nose shape, which is off, and the transition to the underbelly, but the forehead too. A sudden 'edge' instead of the smooth curve

Why why why. I've ordered the LH c/s from this lot 🙁. Let's see 🤞🏼

Last edited:
This popped up on FB... AV400's allegedly changed the A380 mould? Left is the new version.
View attachment 28775View attachment 28776
That's messed up! :mad: The nose/cockpit section looks way too off! I kinda noticed something weird in that area when other collectors started posting screenshots. I imagine this would be the case for all the A380s from this batch, but can someone please share how it looks on the Qantas A380?

My eyes were indeed not deceiving me!
I found this picture posted in this thread (credit to @KG3036_SS) and the nose/cockpit section looks odd. I thought it was the angle or something but it definitely does not look right... Cockpit windows are misprinted also and that poor nose cone just makes it worse! I'm honestly thinking aboout canceling this order! :mad:

1712506380214.png

When I saw the photos getting posted by fellow collectors I immediately felt something was off, and by a lot, very very unfortunately. This is the reason I never pre-order.

But besides that, AV400's landing gear just seems so crude (compared to NG, JC, and PH), the structure and the tire, that I hardly believe nobody has really mentioned it.

Was tempted at the Qantas but might still just go with the PH version.

But besides that, AV400's landing gear just seems so crude (compared to NG, JC, and PH), the structure and the tire, that I hardly believe nobody has really mentioned it.
I don't think AV's gear is any more crude than other 400 scale brands minus NG, maybe it's the thick silver paint giving that impression?

I don't think AV's gear is any more crude than other 400 scale brands minus NG, maybe it's the thick silver paint giving that impression?
partly of course, I actually quite liked what they've used in the early days, the brighter paint like JC's. The silver paint now makes it feel very thick.

I found this picture posted in this thread (credit to @KG3036_SS) and the nose/cockpit section looks odd. I thought it was the angle or something but it definitely does not look right... Cockpit windows are misprinted also and that poor nose cone just makes it worse! I'm honestly thinking aboout canceling this order! :mad:

View attachment 28793
Oh no, why’d they have to stuff up the QF…. 😭

Mine’s coming next week, I’ll compare it to my SQ A380 from the first batch when it arrives.

View attachment 28793
I would say the problem with this one is the cockpit print. In general the print of elements on the mold. But the mold has shapes that are most similar with the real thing (yet not perfect).

I just got the Thai A380 and from some angles it does look a bit weird but generally good. Certainly the best A380 out there.

I cannot explain that Lufthansa, nor excuse it. Looks pretty bad.