Aviation400 77W wrong nose profile

KG3036_SS

So I just check out my 77W collection and I notice one with an absolutely dreadful nose - the Aviation400's Cathay Pacific B-KPB "The Spirit of Hong Kong". I think the pictures below will tell how bad it is.

B-KPB nose20221017_235523.jpg
Normal Aviation400 nose (B-18007, China Airlines - Boeing livery)
20221017_235510.jpg
Phoenix nose (B-HNR, Cathay Pacific standard 1994 "Brushwing")20221017_235535.jpg
JC Wings nose (777-300 B-HNS, Standard 2015 "Brushwing")20221017_235609.jpg
I wonder if that's something I can fix by myself?

Oh and here is my tiny collection of 777-300s🥲 The one on the stand furthest from camera is JC's N6015R in official Boeing livery.20221017_224350.JPG

My first thought was that these are older releases, but the AV400 B-KPB was produced 2020. Since quite newly produced, they should/could look better IMO. However, I have no experience of AV400 B777's models.

Steinar

The issue is a quality control one. The last batch of Aviation400 released models had quite a large selection of the release set with over-polished noses that really made the moulds look poor. I saw someone do a video review of a United 77W by them with a squared off nose, which ironically he gave a good score too!

It wasn't just 777s either. I got a Hong Kong A350 with a not far off triangular nosecone.

I mentioned this to AV400 and it was confirmed as an issue. I was less than happy to see them releasing models with these problems and said that to him. It was the first time I'd seen that sort of thing from AV400.

Incidentally this has been happening with quite a few Aeroclassics releases recently too. It should be caught at the factory.

Yikes! B-KPB’s nose looks awful. I had the same problem with the SIA and UA 777s. The nose looked like it had been filed down. I sent them back to the retailer and got a refund.

The issue is a quality control one. The last batch of Aviation400 released models had quite a large selection of the release set with over-polished noses that really made the moulds look poor. I saw someone do a video review of a United 77W by them with a squared off nose, which ironically he gave a good score too!

It wasn't just 777s either. I got a Hong Kong A350 with a not far off triangular nosecone.

I mentioned this to AV400 and it was confirmed as an issue. I was less than happy to see them releasing models with these problems and said that to him. It was the first time I'd seen that sort of thing from AV400.

Incidentally this has been happening with quite a few Aeroclassics releases recently too. It should be caught at the factory.
I saw that video, and couldn't believe he gave the mould a good score based on that blunted nose. Other reviews seem to show the nose differently.