AV400 A330NEO sample photos

Might have missed all the discussion about, but I don't like what I see here (the mould)
The nose isn't great, but that vertical tail is just miles off. Did they use the extended tail of the 346/332 here?

Edit: no, that's also not a 346 tail here. Looks weird.

Last edited:
What is wrong with the nose?! It looks like a 767! The tail isn’t great either, but I can’t quite put my finger on what I dislike about it.

The nose is messed up! It does not look anything like the nose of an A330! The vertical stabilizer looks weird too!

I'm not quite familiar with the shape of the A330 tail, but that nose definitely is bad! Needs to be much more pointier than that.

Engine exhaust needs a lot of work as well... looks extremely dull compared to modern standards especially considering Av400 is one of the forefront leaders in terms of quality.

Engine exhaust needs a lot of work as well... looks extremely dull compared to modern standards especially considering Av400 is one of the forefront leaders in terms of quality.
AV400's numero uno when it comes to the raw number of moulded details; but they've always had issues with crispness. Some moulded elements are clearly too dull or "soft."

Attachments

• 20230720_111820.jpg
    20230720_111820.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230720_111703.jpg
    20230720_111703.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230720_111657.jpg
    20230720_111657.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
AV400's numero uno when it comes to the raw number of moulded details; but they've always had issues with crispness. Some moulded elements are clearly too dull or "soft."
Ah I can see it lacks the sense of refinement. I'm still yet to get an Av400 myself, I was hoping this would mark the first but it will have to wait for now...

Fuselages are coated with baking enamels. They are sprayed on (or dipped) and then oven baked to adhere to the metal. Those baking enamels however can eat up lots of those fine moulded details due to layer thickness particularly in such tiny recesses.

Really really disappointed with this one, really really really disappointed. This makes their A330/340s look good - and they're not great moulds at all! Why couldn't they have based it on their existing A330s and just made refinements?! I was looking forward to an Av400 A350/A380/787-level kind of mould - I know we all were. But this just threw ice cold waters on those expectations. I can't believe they are even releasing this - I mean.......come on it's clear as day that this isn't an A330 no matter how hard they claim it to be so - neither the nose, nor the fuselage - not even the overall - the wing seems a little too forward as well? - can it be believed that NO ONE in the Av400 setup red-flagged these??!!!! I am sure they could have delayed release knowing what we've come to expect of their brand, and that we really wouldn't mind delays as long as the finished product is spectacular.
I'm glad JC/GJ have their A330neos - and hopefully NG will make them soon enough as they have stated earlier - but for now, GJ/JC will continue to have my A330neo money (no, Phoenix, not you either)

Last edited:
Av400, if you're listening, please, please do not release a Delta before this gets fixed. It deserves the best quality and we've all seen what Av400 is capable of.