American Airlines color issues >:(

LAXaviation

Hello everyone,
Now is it just my eyes or can no model company get 2 american airlines releases in the same shade of grey?
With me i don't mind it too much but if you have the Gemini american a321NEO reg. N400AN next to the gemini american a320 N651AW it is a bit of an eyesore. Im mean is it that hard to get colors right.
I think the best and most realistic we have had are the American A321neo N400AN.
The worst is areoclassics I mean I don't think american airlines is a white color!

Most of the time companies like NG make the color of the plane too dark. Like the NG American 757-200 or 787-9. But that is my opinion on this topic.

Attachments

• 78187.1.jpg
    78187.1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 78273.1.jpg
    78273.1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 79815.1.jpg
    79815.1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 32
The Gemini A320 N651AW is the darkest and the single most ridiculous version of the AA livery I've seen. The AC models are in the other extreme side of the spectrum. I'd say the Gemini A321neo N400AN indeed has a great color shade.

NG struggled for a while with AA colors, but recently they seem to have fixed it. Below are two images of NG AAs, one being the old A321 (incorrect shade) and the other being the A321 Flagship Valor (new, improved shade). Do keep in mind these photos are taken under different lighting conditions.

Attachments

• 13002, 2.jpeg
    13002, 2.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 13039 (1).JPG
    13039 (1).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 24
That old NG A321’s color is horrendous, the only thing making it better than the Gemini A320 is that it isn’t tinted slightly blue. Glad the Flagship Valor looks good and I hope they keep using that color

It's odd that NG had a semi decent color on the first version and then decided to screw up on the 2nd production (that photo on the left). Nevertheless I agree the Flagship Valor looks good and hope it stays that way for the future AA A32X family releases.

To me, colour differences are some of the most annoying things in 1:400. It bugs me so much that when I look at my different CX models and see the noticeable differences in colour. I understand your pain, my Gemini and NG AA 787-9s sitting next to each other just look really odd.

I know I have a small collection I only stated a few months ago. My first AA model was the AC a321n. When I got the NG 737 new winglets. I sold the a321. No way I would keep those two colors. Have the Flagship. Color looks good next to the 737

Hello everyone,
Now is it just my eyes or can no model company get 2 american airlines releases in the same shade of grey?
With me i don't mind it too much but if you have the Gemini american a321NEO reg. N400AN next to the gemini american a320 N651AW it is a bit of an eyesore. Im mean is it that hard to get colors right.
I think the best and most realistic we have had are the American A321neo N400AN.
The worst is areoclassics I mean I don't think american airlines is a white color!

Most of the time companies like NG make the color of the plane too dark. Like the NG American 757-200 or 787-9. But that is my opinion on this topic.
Hi,

Actually I believe those are accurate. Registration wise not sure, I didn't check. But AA stopped using mica pearled grey on their planes a bit over a year ago. So one does have the pearl effect while the other doesn't. Might reflect that.

Quite interesting at the very least. At least they have done a good job on recent ones including the A319 and Flagship Valor even though the 77W did they in June was meh at best, but I think that was made in the same round with the other heavies from 2020. Going to be interested to see where they go from here!