Aeroclassics December 2023 releases

I was extremely disappointed when I received my Eastern model to see the same thing that VNAV experienced. I have continental A300s from Aeroclassics and they are great. Still good detail,but Aeroclassics needs to focus on quality

It's nearly 2024 and the last new model arrivals of the year have turned up at the hangar. December's quartet of new Aeroclassics. Great to see the return of the DC-4. These four all present really well without any obvious QC issues.

202312_ACs.jpg

It's nearly 2024 and the last new model arrivals of the year have turned up at the hangar. December's quartet of new Aeroclassics. Great to see the return of the DC-4. These four all present really well without any obvious QC issues.

View attachment 25971

Glad to see you fared well in the QC department. I have to say, the front section of that 747 looks weird. I arrived home to find my Eastern A300 with the wing bend issue.

DSC_3011.jpgDSC_3010.jpgDSC_3012.jpgDSC_3014.jpg

I wanted to return it, but after some thought I decided to keep it. But my next Aeroclassics purchase will have to be an absolute grail. This is perfect donor material for something like this - if I screw it up it is not much that is lost, and if it works out okay, the uniqueness makes up for the wavy wing...

Notice the old AC box with their old web address.

I wanted to return it, but after some thought I decided to keep it.
Some of the previous A300 releases have this issue as well I'm thinking - the Thai HS-TAD that I have for instance.

Luckily though, it's not as bad as what @VNAV shared - unless you've tried to straighten the wings as much as you could.

My package from Jetcollector is still sitting amidst NYE postal mayhem - so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼😬😬😬 - this and the Finnair
Curious - does the same issue surface on the Finnair?

On a more humorous note, there we've got A380 wings on the first bus.

Some of the previous A300 releases have this issue as well I'm thinking - the Thai HS-TAD that I have for instance.

Luckily though, it's not as bad as what @VNAV shared - unless you've tried to straighten the wings as much as you could.

My package from Jetcollector is still sitting amidst NYE postal mayhem - so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼😬😬😬 - this and the Finnair
Curious - does the same issue surface on the Finnair?

On a more humorous note, there we've got A380 wings on the first bus.

The first report I saw of this issue with the most recent A300 batch (@DA.C) actually involved a Finnair example. My Eastern A300 came from JetCollector. I have seen this phenomenon, though not as pronounced as on this Eastern A300, on a few models over the years. Always the cradle-type wing fitting.

27Jf6-.gif

That is pretty ugly. I've nto seen that issue before this batch of A300s. Real care is needed with AC nowadays. The EL AL 747 nose isn't too bad - not perfect I agree but not offensive:

DSC03895.JPG

Again we have 747's with cockpit windows that are too low, it ruins the entire model for me. Hopefully NG understands this better and delivers the quality we may expect for the price. Phoenix does it right sometimes, but very inconsistent.

Well since the cat is out of the bag I'm going to go and give my opinion:

With the current level of quality/finish these Aeroclassics 747s are being delivered, the Phoenix ones can be a legit better/equal option.

For the record, I have only gotten the ones that I really want (two out of the 3 PH BA Landor, and the 2 Alitalias by AC. Well, I also got the KLM/Viasa by Phoenix, but that's just me being a Viasa completionist). On the "I'm just gonna get it because it's nice" arena JC got me with their UA Saul Bass 744. So, on second thought, it is a good thing GJ doesn't let JC do the same Phoenix is doing with the 747; I could not afford it.

A distinct feature of the queen is that lower deck window line should finish above the nose tip, that needs to be represented IMO

That is pretty ugly. I've nto seen that issue before this batch of A300s. Real care is needed with AC nowadays. The EL AL 747 nose isn't too bad - not perfect I agree but not offensive:

View attachment 25996

I have noticed that on this latest BigBird Mk.3 mold, the forehead has indeed been tweaked for the better. It is a huge disappointment that the cockpit windows are being printed so low negating the benefits of said improvement.

For the record, the few JC examples I own on the same mold are not much better, but on those the windshield is a tad oversized, which attenuates the offense.

With the current level of quality/finish these Aeroclassics 747s are being delivered, the Phoenix ones can be a legit better/equal option.
Yes, PH definitely has superior print quality and refinements and livery/tech print detailing between the two, and I've been pretty amazed with the pictures I've been seeing. I own neither variant - but from the pictures I'm seeing this is what I've observed and inferred.

They're really going all out in the printing and livery detailing department with their recent releases. Kudos to them, really.

Someone at DAC reported the same issue with the Finnair A300 included in the same release set. The theory is that the wing piece was still warm when it got bent.
Not a theory, but absolutely the reason why this happens. The hot, freshly cast part has not been laid completely level and flat when being left to cool. I’ve got the odd B.707 and DC-10 with a curvy wing (slotted and cradle types). It’s an annoying issue again due to rushed and careless production processes.

Regarding the wing issue. I also have two Aviation400 777's with this problem. Don't know if I was unlucky but I definitely pay more attention to the wings nowadays.

It's not the best photo but one wing edge goes up and the other one goes down.

Attachments

• 20240102_113947.jpg
    20240102_113947.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
Regarding the wing issue. I also have two Aviation400 777's with this problem. Don't know if I was unlucky but I definitely pay more attention to the wings nowadays.

It's not the best photo but one wing edge goes up and the other one goes down.

I see it, its very noticeable. I have also noticed the issue on two of my older models.

View attachment 25996

The first row of windows seem to be tilting down, if you look from the R1 door towards the radome...
Looking at pics of the real 747, this window line should be quite lined up with the tip of the radome.