A question for NG

Is NG actually reading MAF?
Personally a 747Classic is top of my want list as all other moulds so far are bad or dated or both.
However I'm undecided whether I really want 747Classics done to NG's TriStar standards. The collector in me is YEEES!! but the two doubleyous (wife and wallet) scream NOOO!!

NG appears to have two accounts on MAF, although they haven't been active since early October. About the 747, I emailed NG a couple of weeks ago an they have said that there is one in the works that we can expect in early 2023. Then again, we got told that we would see it in early 2022, then mid-2022 and now it has been pushed back again. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

NG appears to have two accounts on MAF, although they haven't been active since early October. About the 747, I emailed NG a couple of weeks ago an they have said that there is one in the works that we can expect in early 2023. Then again, we got told that we would see it in early 2022, then mid-2022 and now it has been pushed back again. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Was that specifically a 747Classic or "just a 747" - I mean there were pictures showing 748 samples months ago and I hope it's not just this.

It wasn't so clear. I was specifying 747 classics, but the way NG is they responded in a very vague way. I will add screenshots:

1669061937279.png

I’m surprised NG hasn’t released a 748 yet. I remember seeing the sample moulds months ago for that and several other types, of which I believe have been made at least once.

748's probably coming first, followed by the classics. We'll likely get a first look next month courtesy of Yesterday's Airlines.
Screenshot_20221103-024952_Chrome.jpg

why a 747-8 it wasn't a successful plane IRL why would they think that it will be a success as a model.
every brand have a 747-8 mold and it isn't even a loved model.
none of the 747-8 made in 1/400 are need to be re-made unlike the rare and expensive classics 747-100/200 .
I myself see no reason for NG to waste time and money to make a 748 mold

why a 747-8 it wasn't a successful plane IRL why would they think that it will be a success as a model.
none of the 747-8 made in 1/400 are need to be re-made unlike the rare and expensive classics 747-100/200 .
You don't speak for everyone. Why bother making the Tristar when it was a commercial failure as well? The -8 is a popular model in any scale due to its significance, rarity and aesthetics. Then there's the fact that demand for modern types is generally higher than that for classics. Not to mention both existing 748 moulds in 1:400 are heavily flawed: JCW's got an incorrect nose shape, while the Phoenix's wing-fuselage joint is a mess. I personally can't wait for the 748 and the classics. The more NG-quality 747s, the better.

I agree completely with what @pons399 said. The 748s we have are not great, and having any NG-level 747s would be better than nothing. I also see NG making a 748 as a trail, to test and perfect the base-level iconic features of the 747 before using the feedback to make a perfect 747 classic.

You don't speak for everyone. Why bother making the Tristar when it was a commercial failure as well? The -8 is a popular model in any scale due to its significance, rarity and aesthetics. Then there's the fact that demand for modern types is generally higher than that for classics. Not to mention both existing 748 moulds in 1:400 are heavily flawed: JCW's got an incorrect nose shape, while the Phoenix's wing-fuselage joint is a mess. I personally can't wait for the 748 and the classics. The more NG-quality 747s, the better.
Agreed. While I'd want a properly done early 747-100/200 a thousand times more than a 748, I certainly wouldn't say no to a new one.

Agreed. While I'd want a properly done early 747-100/200 a thousand times more than a 748, I certainly wouldn't say no to new one.
Yep. I think a lot of people would prefer the 747 classics, but there is still a market for the -8, and as I said before, I am hoping NG uses the -8 as a practice 747 for the other variants.

I think that i haven't explained what I meant by saying that the 748 was a failure it was supposed to be joke that it was a failure as a model just like the real thing
Edit: by failure i mean the JC GJ PH not the soon to come (hopefully soon) NG mold

Last edited:
I agree completely with what @pons399 said. The 748s we have are not great, and having any NG-level 747s would be better than nothing. I also see NG making a 748 as a trail, to test and perfect the base-level iconic features of the 747 before using the feedback to make a perfect 747 classic.
Good point; the SP is quite different from the standard 747, so the -8 would be a good way to trial the vertical stabilizer and longer hump (for the -400). And who knows, they might drop the -8 and classics simultaneously, similar to what they did with the 777.

Everybody wants classic 747's on a great new tooling. Nobody AFAIK is salivating at the prospect of a new 747-8 mould.

🤣 So which one is it? Do most collectors want a new 747 classic/400 mold, or is that really a minority and the true demand is for the ultra-modern -8? This is a question that I often ask myself. We should do a poll and send the results to NG. I'd say this: if they do release a -8 (F or I) and they nail the nose/hump area, it is downhill from there to produce a killer 747 classic/-400 combo 😉😎. Hopefully that champagne bottle I'm saving for when it happens doesn't completely evaporate before.

🤣 So which one is it? Do most collectors want a new 747 classic/400 mold, or is that really a minority and the true demand is for the ultra-modern -8? This is a question that I often ask myself. We should do a poll and send the results to NG. I'd say this: if they do release a -8 (F or I) and they nail the nose/hump area, it is downhill from there to produce a killer 747 classic/-400 combo 😉😎. Hopefully that champagne bottle I'm saving for when it happens doesn't completely evaporate before.
I think collectors want both, and we'll get both 😎. A pic of the -8 (both the i and f) was leaked earlier this year, while I believe NG has confirmed they're working on the classic. -8 is probably more imminent, but I wouldn't be surprised if both drop simultaneously.

I think collectors want both, and we'll get both 😎. A pic of the -8 (both the i and f) was leaked earlier this year, while I believe NG has confirmed they're working on the classic. -8 is probably more imminent, but I wouldn't be surprised if both drop simultaneously.
Well they did drop 2 L-1011's at the same time and I want both of them. So I also wouldn't be surprised if they drop lots of stuff at the same time.