3D Design Deck 737-200

IndyJets

3D Design Deck has made their first foray into mainline jets! They have a 737-200, apparently they've already done several Canadian schemes. Their first foray into the US is the AirTran beige scheme, exclusive for Just So Travel Collectibles.

I'm pushing very hard for them to do the 737-200 in the Frontier "Saul Bass" red scheme, as well as Braniff II, Presidential, and Midway. And I'm also trying very hard to convince them to do a DC-9-10. I assured them that if they do that one, it would basically be a license to print money as the market is wide open at this point, and @Purpleplane and I would single-handedly be interested in roughly 30 different schemes just for our collection alone.

They have pics of the real model here:

Overall, it looks really nice, but the nose gear is really small.

I have spoken with them about the 737s. I'm less convinced about them than the DHC-8s. The nosegear is in the wrong place, the engine pylon join needs work and I'm not convinced by the vetical stab either.

C-GNDF.jpg

I think you need to temper your expectations. I still think most collectors would not buy these due to the construction:cost ratio and 3D Design Deck is a small company with two employees making these models by hand. As you can see the production numbers are small.

For smaller props I think this tech works well but I'm less convinced it works for jets.

I have spoken with them about the 737s. I'm less convinced about them than the DHC-8s. The nosegear is in the wrong place, the engine pylon join needs work and I'm not convinced by the vetical stab either.

View attachment 32829

I think you need to temper your expectations. I still think most collectors would not buy these due to the construction:cost ratio and 3D Design Deck is a small company with two employees making these models by hand. As you can see the production numbers are small.

For smaller props I think this tech works well but I'm less convinced it works for jets.
Wow. That tail looks really bad. And so do the nose gear doors.

View attachment 32829

I can totally be done right. Look at these. All 1/400 3D printed. Very well done if the artist really gets into it. A few issues ofcourse but nothing that can't be corrected.

These guys at 3D Design Deck are really on to something but they have to pay more attention to several details.

Attachments

• IMG_20240904_193350.jpg
    IMG_20240904_193350.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20240904_193328.jpg
    IMG_20240904_193328.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240904_193300.jpg
    IMG_20240904_193300.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 24
I can totally be done right. Look at these. All 1/400 3D printed. Very well done if the artist really gets into it. A few issues ofcourse but nothing that can't be corrected.

These guys at 3D Design Deck are really on to something but they have to pay more attention to several details.
Wow! Are any of your models going to be made available for others to buy?

Speaking of 1:400 3D printed models, here's the work of a friend here in my city.
By the way, I don't think he accept international orders, sorry...

1725500547091.jpeg

1725500564725.jpeg

This is a 1:400 scale B727-100/200 with rear stairs. Really 1:400! Not 1:200!
Still in development phase. Nose gear doors still missing. But look at this quality!!!!
The Canadian company (3D Design Deck) is releasing very cool models, but they definitely have room for improvement.

Speaking of 1:400 3D printed models, here's the work of a friend here in my city.

View attachment 32853

View attachment 32854

Still in development phase. Nose gear doors still missing. But look at this quality!!!!
The Canadian company (3D Design Deck) is releasing very cool models, but they definitely have room for improvement.
That is amazing! Well keep posting on these when they're ready. I'm sure there will be customers here, myself included.

View attachment 32853

View attachment 32854

We finally know where DB Cooper's cash went...

Jokes aside, that's some impeccable detail!

View attachment 32853

View attachment 32854

He could handle international orders by offering the STL files for sale via download, so we all could utilize local resources for printing.

He could handle international orders by offering the STL files for sale via download, so we all could utilize local resources for printing.

I'm not even sure if he's the one designing these or if he downloads from some website.
I know there are some quite detailed models on Cults 3D, for example

I'm not even sure if he's the one designing these or if he downloads from some website.
I know there are some quite detailed models on Cults 3D, for example
I don't even know how to use that website... the pictures never load so I don't even know what I'm looking at, and the search engine doesn't work well.

He could handle international orders by offering the STL files for sale via download, so we all could utilize local resources for printing.good
Good idea. I have bought a few stl files to get printed. Would be great to get those 727