1:400 Tulsa Terminal Building

Hi guys,

The terminal building is already complete! Take a look at this! Super super happy with how it came out and a full video will be coming soon. Feel free to comment below with what you think, I have also included a reference photo of what the terminal looks like. So excited to display Tulsa in its full detail!
View attachment 7156View attachment 7157View attachment 7158View attachment 7159View attachment 7160View attachment 7161
Congrats! That was well worth the investment. Looking forward to seeing it in videos!

Yes, this was a demonstration.
Wow that terminal looks incredible! I am heavily considering getting one made from him as he makes some great terminals. Can't wait to see where you go with this! Using homemade or premade basic terminals to represent an airport are always great, but when it is shown in the full irl detail, it is just on another level!

Question: how much money would a 3D-printed terminal of this size cost? (if you buy it)

and question n.2 what kind of printer is necessary to print something that size? or is it printed in small parts and sticked together?

and last but not least n.3. what knowledge is necessary to being able to print something like that (if you had the printer)?

thanks!

Question: how much money would a 3D-printed terminal of this size cost? (if you buy it)

and question n.2 what kind of printer is necessary to print something that size? or is it printed in small parts and sticked together?

and last but not least n.3. what knowledge is necessary to being able to print something like that (if you had the printer)?

thanks!

As one who models and 3d prints terminal, I can chime in. *Though I did not do this one.

1. Without doing a formal quote, I think I would charge $400-$600 for this (1/400), depending if you wanted jet bridges and if you wanted it in color like this or just printed in white, to paint yourself.

2. I don't know of any printer this size. Almost everything is printed in small pieces and assembled. Also printing in color often dictates separate pieces as well. As an example, my printers max size is roughly 8x8x8.

3. This one is tough. I'd say experience. I've been 3d printing for over 2 years now, and terminals for a year. There are so many factors that go into, from creating the models to be dimensionally accurate, to knowing the capabilities of your machine, materials, orientation, etc. The more you do it, the better you get.

Just my thoughts.

Andy