1:144 airliner kit models

I currently have a British airways a380 and Lufthansa regional Embraer e190 fully assembled and painted.
In the works as of late I have an air New Zealand Boeing 787-9 in the all black scheme. I also have a Boeing 777-300er which will most likely be either a Singapore airlines or emirates model.
I will post photos at a later date

Does anyone else build kit model airliners in the scale of 1:144?
I used to. I started with diecast models when I was very young. They were toys back then and not models like today. In search of realism, transitioned to 1:200 models by Hasegawa. The detail was better than the 1:400 at the time but still not enough. That's when I moved to 1:144 because the details were great. However, the larger size made displaying impractical, along with the actual process of building the kit. Not everyone, once completed, gave the same and accurate rendering of the real thing. Frustrating aspect of modeling.

Fast forward to now, the tech has improved, model companies have improved their moulds, and companies like NG and AV400 are truly pushing the boundaries. Something as a modeler has got me back to the hobby.

Yes indeed! My father started building these for me when I was about 10 years old and I am still building them. Started with the Airfix Skyking series - Vanguard, Caravelle, Comet 4B, Boeing 707 etc and have some Minicraft airliner kits in my stash to build. Those early builds by my Dad have long gone 'west' and as I improve my modelling skills, I replace models with better ones. Here is my current Airfix Vanguard in 1/144th. When I get around to it, I'll get to build all the others I have with decal sheets acquired over the years. Probably have too many and may have to sell some of the kits!

Vanguard lift-off.jpg

Yes indeed! My father started building these for me when I was about 10 years old and I am still building them. Started with the Airfix Skyking series - Vanguard, Caravelle, Comet 4B, Boeing 707 etc and have some Minicraft airliner kits in my stash to build. Those early builds by my Dad have long gone 'west' and as I improve my modelling skills, I replace models with better ones. Here is my current Airfix Vanguard in 1/144th. When I get around to it, I'll get to build all the others I have with decal sheets acquired over the years. Probably have too many and may have to sell some of the kits!

View attachment 12586
Very nice, I accidentally got into them last year when moving to the states as a shop I found sold them and ended buying a revell airbus a380 kit

Bit of an update as it has been a while here. I am currently in the process of making an airbus a350-900 kit which will be in the scheme of Delta airlines. If I can get the model really nice looking with little paint leakages or paint issues and a fully smooth fuselage. I plan on taking it to the Delta museum to photograph it next to real delta aircraft (probably cant photograph it against a real delta a350). Hopefully the museum will allow bringing in your own models to photograph with.

Bit of an update as it has been a while here. I am currently in the process of making an airbus a350-900 kit which will be in the scheme of Delta airlines. If I can get the model really nice looking with little paint leakages or paint issues and a fully smooth fuselage. I plan on taking it to the Delta museum to photograph it next to real delta aircraft (probably cant photograph it against a real delta a350). Hopefully the museum will allow bringing in your own models to photograph with.
If you can’t manage to get into the Delta Museum with it, I’d try the parking decks, could get some nice shots with a real A350!

If you can’t manage to get into the Delta Museum with it, I’d try the parking decks, could get some nice shots with a real A350!
I went to the parking decks at ATL domestic in February and at the edge of the lot, there was construction of the light poles going on. I was a bit scarred that that security would come and get me to leave. but in the end I left because of how cold and wet it was.