“Geminijets Select” series models

I wasn't aware of this line of models. What were they? Were they produced in smaller numbers? Were they more premium? Or were they for a certain retailer?

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of this line of models. What were they? Were they produced in smaller numbers? Were they more premium? Or were they for a certain retailer?

See my history of early years Gemini production here:

I say:

"Gemini production runs typically ran to between 1,500 and 2,500 units but in certain cases where they didn't believe bigger runs could sell Gemini produced smaller runs of 500 units. These models were marketed as Gemini Jets Select and came in non-flip-top boxes with different artwork."

Nowadays barely any Gemini's will reach a production run of 500 but back pre-2008 that was small.

how many do they tend to run now ?

To be honest I'm not sure but I heard it was around the 500 or less mark. They are rather private with this kind of thing. You'll notice when you look at the database the production runs for most brands used to be publicised and then the GFC hit and suddenly everyone started not saying - probably because the runs all decreased and it made them look less successful.

Nice collection of GeminiSelect. Been wanting to add some to my collection myself; they tend to pop up on eBay every so often but usually they aren’t within my criteria. The Southern DC-9 or the Continental DC-10 are the ones that interest me though.

Nice collection of GeminiSelect. Been wanting to add some to my collection myself; they tend to pop up on eBay every so often but usually they aren’t within my criteria. The Southern DC-9 or the Continental DC-10 are the ones that interest me though.
There’s a Gemini select and Aeroclassics Continental DC-10 on eBay at present. The latter one is pretty expensive though.