Tiddlers: The Smallest Aircraft in 400 Scale

YesterAirlines

While 400 scale is no doubt dominated by bigger aircraft types there is an impressive diversity of moulds available for types smaller than a 737-200. My Saab review got me thinking about this yesterday so here I take a look at 25 of the smallest aircraft types available in the scale. What is impressive is that mostly these are all really decent moulds and brilliantly showcase the diversity that is possible. How many of these 25 do you have in your fleet and have I missed any? [just realised I forgot the An-26]

Smallest_400_HEADER.jpg

Awesome. I like these little ones, but I still have to add one of these to my collection. The smallest diecasts I have for the moment in 1:400 are C-130s and Electra.

BTW, that S7 Airlines Embraer 175 is a Herpa or JC release? The mould looks so much better than the one used by Gemini on their current releases.

I now realize I have to get me one of those Saabs, Shorts and Commandos. This Cuba Aeropostal looks so nice in this set.
I have to say the pair of Cuban C-46s did turn out very nicely. I wrote about them at the history blog when they came out: