The 2020 JC Wings Boeing 747-400 Mould

YesterAirlines

The recent acquisition of the United and Cathay examples brings the models using the 'new' JC Wings 747-400 mould in my collection to 4 and triggered my latest piece - looking at the mould and its usage to date. There's so much potential with this mould so hopefully it will get more usage:

JC744_header.png

Thanks for the detailed insight on the JC 744 mould.
From what I recall, the JAL units is indeed a JC release and were delivered to retailers at around Oct 22.
The reason they're so hard to find is because they are recalled by JC shortly after JC send out the JAL units due to QC issues from what I heard. I did have witnessed a few units with varying degrees of QC issues. :confused:
I know the issue because all my local retailers has moaned about the dreadful QC on them. They all said they're told by JC to stop selling them and send them back shortly after they received their units ordered. JC assured them that they will make a new batch to replace the recalled batch - which they never did:mad::mad:

From what I recall, the JAL units is indeed a JC release and were delivered to retailers at around Oct 22.
The reason they're so hard to find is because they are recalled by JC shortly after JC send out the JAL units due to QC issues from what I heard. I did have witnessed a few units with varying degrees of QC issues. :confused:
I know the issue because all my local retailers has moaned about the dreadful QC on them. They all said they're told by JC to stop selling them and send them back shortly after they received their units ordered. JC assured them that they will make a new batch to replace the recalled batch - which they never did:mad::mad:
Thanks for the info. That's a shame as that would be a release I'd like to get

Oh damn, that's a real shame. I didn't even know about the recall, since I got my JAL last year. Looking at the model now, it does suffer from QC issues, like you said. Mainly the paint bubbles on the rear horizontal stablizers.

Attachments

• 20230622_191923.jpg
    20230622_191923.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20230622_191936.jpg
    20230622_191936.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Interesting read, I really like the new mould and I do wish JC wings would make use it more, I have however been happy with what they’ve made so far. I own the Virgin Star Wars, national in the red and normal livery, Air ACT, Kalitta and Atlas air cargo. I would like to see a virgin 747 in the standard colours or the older scheme but I suspect that will come from Gemini as they don’t like JC stepping on their toes with certain airlines. Silkway or cargolux would also be very welcome 😀😀