Show off your model airports!

Nice birds. I like the sight of the four MyTravel A330. That livery was really awesome, super leisure style.

Finally got the last of my jet bridges by JC WINGS. Although pricey, they are the best in 1:400 scale - and after some customizing, look even better. Would like to experiment with some weathering techniques to make them even more realistic... Welcome to suggestions.

Here is a look at the results so far...
Looks pretty nice! I'm glad your're dedicated to making the best with the best. I hope weathering those Jetbridges goes well as they are quite expensive.

Just made finished setting it up for the first time, on my old Brisbane/North Lakes fictional mat. It’s based out of Phoenix, AZ and called Sidles International Airport! I’m so excited to introduce it as I think it looks very nice and has a great over all vibe. A video will most likely come out on my YouTube, but I don’t have an upload schedule or anything like that so maybe not. Anyways, here are the routes (Note: it says PHX because that’s where the airport is based). First off, there are two international flights, both are long-haul and served exclusively by Delta. The route to Amsterdam Schiphol is on the Delta A350-900, LHR is on the A330-900neo. Also, the flight to ATL is on a Delta A321neo. Frontier only has one route, to Denver, on the A320neo. Southwest flies the 737-800 to Dallas Love Field, and American flies to DFW on the A320. Speaking of American, they fly the A321 to CLT. JSX flies their ERJ145 to Oakland. UPS flies the MD-11 to Louisville and the 747-8F to Honolulu, although being a cargo airline, it tends to change frequently. United flies their 737 MAX 8s to IAH and EWR, and their 757s to ORD. The largest operator, Alaska Airlines flies their E175s to LAX in the morning, and SFO in the evening. They have an A321neo based here, it flies out to JFK. Lastly, their 737-800/900ERs fly to PDK and SEA respectively.View attachment 14730
Now, enjoy some photos of the airport!
View attachment 14731
UPS 747-8F and MD-11FView attachment 14732
The Alaska Airlines lineup
View attachment 14733
Delta Heavies bound for Europe
View attachment 14734
Frontier A20N waits for the departing 752
I hope you enjoyed!
Pretty nice! Especially the Skywest ERJ with the rest of the domestic Americans. If the freight aircraft schedules changes frequently you should make one fly to KMEM and the other to KSTL and I might catch some photo's of them.
Here are 2 of my main ones which are under construction.

Honolulu International around 2003.

Manchester (UK) International around 2005.

img_20211028_230938-1-jpg.3081

View attachment 14850
Where did you get all 4 of those A330s? I've always wanted to build a miniature army of identical plane liveries.

Looks pretty nice! I'm glad your're dedicated to making the best with the best. I hope weathering those Jetbridges goes well as they are quite expensive.
Absolutely mate! Inspired by the realism of today's moulds. Towards that end I have tried to customize accessories and applying weathering techniques to attain better realism. An expensive undertaking, as you point out, but the results are quite satisfying. I hope you like. Cheers, S

Pretty nice! Especially the Skywest ERJ with the rest of the domestic Americans. If the freight aircraft schedules changes frequently you should make one fly to KMEM and the other to KSTL and I might catch some photo's of them.

Where did you get all 4 of those A330s? I've always wanted to build a miniature army of identical plane liveries.
Just looked out for them on eBay over the years. Unfortunately no-one has release the My Travel livery on any other mould so got to create what you can.

This was my airport back when I collected scale 1:500 models.

wwsia955-jpg.3717

Here's a dedicated thread:

This airport have been decommissioned a few years ago, and now i'm building my 1:400 airport :)

I did not realize this was you Leo! That is a superb setup and design! Digging that observation deck! very accurate runway and taxiway signage too. I did not know you were into building dioramas but I would not have expected anything less from you in this field. 💯 ✅

I did not realize this was you Leo! That is a superb setup and design! Digging that observation deck! very accurate runway and taxiway signage too. I did not know you were into building dioramas but I would not have expected anything less from you in this field. 💯 ✅

Thank you Jorge! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :love:

I'm totally into dioramas, I think it's really fun to create them and find a way to show your collection in them. My diorama was super awesome and I loved it but it was time to let go and chase a new project, now in 1:400... a whole new challenge for me. My new diorama is still under development but so far, so good. The terminal building is almost completed, and also some 90% of the GSE (which will be almost entirely made from 3D printing) :cool:

If you want to see some older pics of my 1:500 diorama, check out my thread on Wings 900, specially from page 65 till the end: