[PHOTOSHOOT] 2023 JC Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-86 CCCP-86096

quanng

As I am busy quite a bit lately, I would like to share some shots of the recent Aeroflot IL-86 Soviet flag release. As the title suggest, the photoshoot means mostly are for pictures and not a complete review. This model is a variant production from the beginning of the year Russian flag version of the well-beloved collecting subject for many modellers. Hence, it shares many similarities with the exception for registration and flag - both are well-done for this model. Other than that, a flat-out amazing model and it should earn itself a position on the Model of the Year list!

Let's start with a high contrast shot. I took it right before the rain so I had to be quick, hence not so many different angles.
20231105_154650_HDR-01.jpeg

Hello from the other side...
20231105_154435_HDR-01.jpeg

Tail view (oops a bit of the left horizontal stab is missing in the pic... I am really sorry)
20231105_154545_HDR-01.jpeg
20231105_154446_HDR-01.jpeg

Front views
20231105_154736_HDR-01.jpeg
20231105_154351_HDR-01.jpeg

Lastly, close up at the nose
20231105_154829_HDR-01.jpeg
20231105_154824_HDR-01.jpeg

Which photo is your favorite? Share with me here! Thank you very much for viewing my photos and I hope that you all enjoy them. Wishing you all a fantastic weekend!

Stunning photos. The second last one is my personal favorite -- the ground foil is crisp and the blurred background blends in really well.

Wow... really a wonderful model and great pictures! Lots of printed details.
The background with dark clouds is really cool aswell.

Stunning photos. The second last one is my personal favorite -- the ground foil is crisp and the blurred background blends in really well.
Thank you so much! I'm surprised that you liked that shot and all the others!
Wow... really a wonderful model and great pictures! Lots of printed details.
The background with dark clouds is really cool aswell.
Thank you Leo! Yes I really like the high contrast background but had to run quick lol

I think the tail views for me - there's something about looking at a quad from that angle - and this is such a fantastic mould and a great looking model! Agree that it's defo one of this year's highlights - I'm sure we need more iL-86's!
Still awaiting mine - with a few other pre-orders so hopefully over the coming weeks I'll have it

I think the tail views for me - there's something about looking at a quad from that angle - and this is such a fantastic mould and a great looking model! Agree that it's defo one of this year's highlights - I'm sure we need more iL-86's!
Still awaiting mine - with a few other pre-orders so hopefully over the coming weeks I'll have it
Really nice choice! I am glad that you like it! And I am also happy to cater different angles for all! You'll not be disappointed with this model!

awesome shots!
Thank you so much!

Quanng, your work never disappoints. At first I thought it was a staged background, but turns out those are very real storm clouds, outstanding work! 👏

My favorite photo is the second one, port profile.

I got the GJ Russian flag version from over a decade ago. Such a cool aircraft.

Quanng, your work never disappoints. At first I thought it was a staged background, but turns out those are very real storm clouds, outstanding work! 👏

My favorite photo is the second one, port profile.

I got the GJ Russian flag version from over a decade ago. Such a cool aircraft.
Thank you so much for your kind words! A staged background would be more complex for me to recreate!

The port profile surely shows all its distinctive features!

I wish to have that GJ Russian flag as well to complete the set but that is extremely difficult to get! My old GJ CCCP is also really nice to and it seems from those 10 year-old models the printing remains constant throughout the time, but not QC.