NG model paint chip, how should I fix?

If possible, you can ask your retailer/seller for a replacement model or a refund.
If you're into custom works and would like to fix that by yourself... you might need to isolate the paint chip area and airbrush it. You might end up losing some details on the radome, though.

That's a tough one...

You can apply paint with a brush but the model will always have a notorious scar.

To minimize the scar, you could mask the windshield and try to airbrush over the paint chip, as with the airbrush it is easier to create a smooth transition between the repaired area and the rest of the model. Losing radome detail is unavoidable (the damage already took some). You could restore those with a decal. IMHO, too much work... I'd probably write it off as a hull loss.

so it's screwed?
i can't get a replacement since it was a gift and don't have the receipt info.

i've made a few Revell kits, fixed up minor defects with a postage stamp 1/300, but that's it really
edit: and a ANA 1/200 737 kit

That's a tough one...

You can apply paint with a brush but the model will always have a notorious scar.

To minimize the scar, you could mask the windshield and try to airbrush over the paint chip, as with the airbrush it is easier to create a smooth transition between the repaired area and the rest of the model. Losing radome detail is unavoidable (the damage already took some). You could restore those with a decal. IMHO, too much work... I'd probably write it off as a hull loss.
Agree. Too much work just to end up making a patch. It is possible though. But in this case I would rather strip the whole thing and repaint it.

Get a white Uni Posca pen and paint over the chips... will be far from perfect but it's better than the current situation! lol

You can try using enamel modeling paint with a regular brush to cover it. Let it dry and then use one of those very low abrasion sanding sponge to smooth it out, then polish the area heavily. The scar will still be there, but the contrast with the rest of the model will be minimized. Again, you can re-introduce the lost details with decals. Easier than airbrushing it, to doing a full repaint I think.