Mould Sample Review - XB-70 Valkyrie

YesterAirlines

JC Wings have shown a real willingness to make obscure moulds but I never expected to see an XB-70 in 400 scale. This must be one of the all time coolest looking aircraft and JC have been kind enough to send me through some photos of their new sample, which I've given the once over here:

XB-70SAMPLE_01.jpg

I'm still waiting for the JC Wings A310 which was shown a couple of years ago and still wasn't used...
It's very cool to see a XB-70, but it's sad to see there are very few livery variations for it.

For me, it's completely out of my collection criteria and I won't be buying it :(
I'd definitely be interested in that A310 if they do FedEx. Even better if they do both the -200 and -300, with both GE and PW engines; FedEx had all of the variants. N4xxFE series for the -200, N8xxFE for the -300.

On one hand I welcome such "special" stuff being made, on the other I'd wish those resources would be used to make some good 707-120/320/420, 727s or the aforementioned DC-9-10. Or a C-141 or C-160 if it's got to be military.

I fully agree. Many other models have much more demand than a XB-70...

It is interesting to see this very obscure mould, because it means they could be working on other unexpected aircraft too. But as others have mentioned already, what about all the other moulds they've shown us before? Some have never seen the light of day yet or are barely used.

I’m hoping to go to the USAF Museum in Dayton, Ohio in November 2025 as part of my Washington trip and I’m expecting seeing this in real life to be a real highlight so having a model of it would be incredible.

A very interesting choice from JC as to why and very intriguing but I’m all for it. The XB-70 is so rare it’s almost a fantasy jet in my mind.

However, I want someone apart from Dragon Wings to produce the KC10 - that’s what I really want.