Model Review - Eastern Air Lines 727-200 by Aeroclassics

YesterAirlines

Some recent Aeroclassics releases have been rather hit and miss. How much the subject matters often depends what you're willing to accept when it comes to the model. Cockpit placing has been an issue on AC 727-200s for a while, but in this case although unfortunate it doesn't ruin the model for me, the rest of which is pretty decent.

EA_B722_N548PS_13.JPG

I wonder if all models have this issue or not. I assume the factory workers have to hold the model with their hands at the right angle, as otherwise you would see it on all 727's. For me it's only acceptable if it's a holy grail, the hobby is too expensive otherwise.

They didn't even bother to remove the casting burr from this starboard wing - and none of the hands this went through noticed it before shipping it out?

I almost bought the bwia 727 from this release with a similar issue. Decided not to because of those cockpit windows.

AK doesn't care about these details because people will still buy his models regardless. Sad but true.
Until a group of us gets together to create our own company dedicated to producing "Yesterday's Classics, Today's Standards"... we will eat his lunch before he even realizes it's gone.

Until a group of us gets together to create our own company dedicated to producing "Yesterday's Classics, Today's Standards"... we will eat his lunch before he even realizes it's gone.
A new brand specializing in classic aircraft will most likely never be succesful. Many retro collectors are happy with their AC models and there are really not many younger people who are interested. You will also have competition from JC, GJ, Phoenix and NG (theoretically) who release a classic every now and then.

Richard I'm honestly surprised you're so OK with the Aeroclassics 727 in general. But I guess no one else is really doing them. The only ones I've bought (an Air Canada example and a Southwest pair) all have had their landing gear fall off just from me taking them out of the box. Why even make them roll?

Richard I'm honestly surprised you're so OK with the Aeroclassics 727 in general. But I guess no one else is really doing them. The only ones I've bought (an Air Canada example and a Southwest pair) all have had their landing gear fall off just from me taking them out of the box. Why even make them roll?
Yeah I admit the subject matter is a key factor although when it comes to the 727-200 this mould is at least as good as any of the others. I think I probably have a bit of Stokcholm syndrome when it comes to AC, which is ironic when you consider how the owner constantly says I just say mean things about the brand, of which I own over 1,500 models from :ROFLMAO: