Model Review - Boeing 747-121 N7470 NG Lite

YesterAirlines

I finally get around to looking at the NG Lite 747 in its finished form, and despite the mould's issues the model displays surprisingly well. There's no doubt that NG dropped the ball somewhat here, but I hope they can tweak this into the 747 we all want it to be. Until then the significant price drop that comes with the NG Lite tag makes this a competitive model and one that is still superior to the Phoenix 747 :LOL: .

BO_747_N7470_NGLITE_01.JPG

Overall is a great model and full of potential, but still need tweakings... nose shape, wing length and engine size are the most obvious indeed. The shape of the hump could also be improved IMO.

It seems NG also forgot the Satcom (??) antenna right at the base of the hump, which was present in early 747s and later removed. The prototype had it!

1720620823678.jpeg

The strakes at the upper surface of the wing, near the leading edges, are also absent on the model... however, despite them being a feature on B747-100s, it seems they weren't present on the prototype, so I guess the model is correct then.

By the way... this #1 engine assembly looks pretty crooked:

1720620903701.jpeg

Last edited:
The strakes at the upper surface of the wing, near the leading edges, are also absent on the model... however, despite them being a feature on B747-100s, it seems they weren't present on the prototype, so I guess the model is correct then.
Not a feature, but just dirt (excess panel sealant) - factory fresh no 747 had them. So while I like their looks, they shouldn't be there if you display "as rolled out of the paintshop".