Model Review - Antonov An-225 with Buran by YY Wings

YesterAirlines

YY Wings continues to make a name for itself even though nobody is really sure that is even the correct name for them! Their 747-8s have been well received and this An-225 with Buran orbiter is even better. More than a match for the Herpa version and half the price as well. I am very impressed with this model:

An-225_CCCP-82060_45.JPG

bought this beauty last year Jul, and very pleased with it.
plenty nice details, better build quality than Herpa, and ridiculously affordable price.
btw, you should also check out YY Wing's Antonov 124 interactive version.
it's even cheaper, however average in terms of build and details.
but considering that there's not that many an-124 being released (only GJ and herpa from long long time ago)
it's a nice to get one to complement the fleet.
1711106833432.png1711107078943.png

Nice collection. I'm still treating YY Wings and Blue Wings as separate companies since the box design is so different and the moulds don't share the same design even ignoring the interactive / non-interactive difference.

I've really been enjoying the new YY Wings An-225 so I thought I'd pull together a video looking at it and other 400 scale An-225s a bit closer:

Nice collection. I'm still treating YY Wings and Blue Wings as separate companies since the box design is so different and the moulds don't share the same design even ignoring the interactive / non-interactive difference.
yea my mistake, they are different companies.
i got confused just now because i bought the Blue Wings interactive an124 from the Taobao store named "Yue Yue Model 2020", which is the same shop that sells YY WINGS' 747s and an-225.
due to the same name of the model brand "YY Wings" and the shop "Yue Yue Model", and the exclusive sale of the 747 model, i suspect they are the same company behind.
however, for Blue Wings, i can only say despite a number of stores sell their model, Yue Yue Model seems to be the first to have it listed online, and due to the limited number of other brands in store, Yue Yue is not actively pursuing the inventory numbers, makes me wonder it's like a factory store who also produce the model.
anyway, just my guess above.

yea my mistake, they are different companies.
i got confused just now because i bought the Blue Wings interactive an124 from the Taobao store named "Yue Yue Model 2020", which is the same shop that sells YY WINGS' 747s and an-225.
due to the same name of the model brand "YY Wings" and the shop "Yue Yue Model", and the exclusive sale of the 747 model, i suspect they are the same company behind.
however, for Blue Wings, i can only say despite a number of stores sell their model, Yue Yue Model seems to be the first to have it listed online, and due to the limited number of other brands in store, Yue Yue is not actively pursuing the inventory numbers, makes me wonder it's like a factory store who also produce the model.
anyway, just my guess above.
Yeah I also think they're connected by that store. It's weird

Cracking write up.

Perhaps an odd question but is it possible to remove the Buran support structures? I assume doing so would simply leave behind small holes.

I can't stand the seam line of the opening nose, so some minor DIY plugging the holes may be my best option!

Cracking write up.

Perhaps an odd question but is it possible to remove the Buran support structures? I assume doing so would simply leave behind small holes.
Exactly correct. It is easy to remove (in fact it comes separate in the box) and the holes are dark so hard to see