Model Review - Air Tanzania 787-8 by Aviation400

YesterAirlines

Aviation400 has ramped up its releases this year and one of the new mould variants in play is the 787-8. Air Tanzania is an excellent choice for the stubbiest Dreamliner and the combination of the livery, mould and AV400's extra detailing makes a very nice, if not perfect, model:

AIRTANZANIA_B788_23.JPG

Pre-ordered this one, became quite popular and sold out pretty soon.

Pretty miffed at the blue though. The Cerulean/Turquoise is pretty vivid on the real thing - the model blue kind of kills it?

Av400 was able to replicate the difficult ITA blue pretty well - surprised how they could go so obviously wrong here. It's so different from even the reference picture they used in the announcement.

Although I must say, this is closer to the real thing, compared to, say, the messed up blue stripes on that GJ Condor 753, or on that JC Fuji ERJ

Last edited:
...perfect, model...
Sorry to sound nitpicky, but a 787 model can't be perfect with a red jevel in place of the beacon. If they'd make them clear things would be different. The way too low hanging engines (that's a pylon issue!) kill this mould for me though.
And they seriousely need to take a closer look at how the wing inspar markings look on the real thing.
Other than that a quite impressive detailing.

Sorry to sound nitpicky, but a 787 model can't be perfect with a red jevel in place of the beacon. If they'd make them clear things would be different. The way too low hanging engines (that's a pylon issue!) kill this mould for me though.
And they seriousely need to take a closer look at how the wing inspar markings look on the real thing.
Other than that a quite impressive detailing.
I said 'if not perfect', meaning it isn't perfect so I agree with what you're saying

Good review, have to agree with the detailing part. AV400 is next level in that aspect.

I recently bought the AV400 787-8 and 787-10 Boeing House releases.

Compared to the 787-9 Boeing House from NG, I was a little disappointed however.

1. The nose wheel on both the 787-8 and 787-10 are too long. So the classic nose down stand is missing. Weirdly enough the previous KLM 787-9 that I bought from AV400 did not have this problem.
2. The side engine profile difference between the 2 (NG and AV400) is too big for me. It makes the NG look like a different engine variant lol.

But my biggest issue with the 787 and 777 from AV400 are wing issues. In my experiece a lot of times they are bended weirdly. Especially the edges of the wings either up or down. Took me 5 boxes to find a not bended wing :/

Maybe a little off topic, but for someone considering the 787-10 house livery. The tail color is off if you display it next to the NG. Not the best pictures but you get the idea. Also the blue on the belly is darker then the NG version.

In general if NG decides to make the house color -8 and -10 the 2 will probably get replaced.

Attachments

• 20241013_214446.jpg
    20241013_214446.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20241013_214459.jpg
    20241013_214459.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 8
Good review, have to agree with the detailing part. AV400 is next level in that aspect.

I recently bought the AV400 787-8 and 787-10 Boeing House releases.

Compared to the 787-9 Boeing House from NG, I was a little disappointed however.

1. The nose wheel on both the 787-8 and 787-10 are too long. So the classic nose down stand is missing. Weirdly enough the previous KLM 787-9 that I bought from AV400 did not have this problem.
2. The side engine profile difference between the 2 (NG and AV400) is too big for me. It makes the NG look like a different engine variant lol.

But my biggest issue with the 787 and 777 from AV400 are wing issues. In my experiece a lot of times they are bended weirdly. Especially the edges of the wings either up or down. Took me 5 boxes to find a not bended wing :/

Maybe a little off topic, but for someone considering the 787-10 house livery. The tail color is off if you display it next to the NG. Not the best pictures but you get the idea. Also the blue on the belly is darker then the NG version.

In general if NG decides to make the house color -8 and -10 the 2 will probably get replaced.
The differences between the NG and AV 787s are very small (and I mention them in the review). I agree the NG is better, but by a small margin. I haven't had any wings issues with their 787s - A350s I have.