MASSIVE 1:400 Collection Sale (eBay)

Irish

A good buddy of mine is selling his insanely large 1:400 collection consisting mainly of early GJ models and some tad bits of other manufacturers. I’ll be helping him work behind the scenes with sales and advertisement. Posting this so you guys can take a look. I won’t be updating this thread due to the rules but if interested make sure to keep tabs on the eBay page as it will always be updated with new listings. Additionally you can ask questions and I’ll do my best to answer them, cheers!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ss...minijets&_oac=1&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l49496

Last edited:
Sadly his prices aren't that good... $115 for a Varig MD-11 is way too much, even with the complete box set with VHS

Sadly his prices aren't that good... $115 for a Varig MD-11 is way too much, even with the complete box set with VHS
That's more of less my doing here, since some models don't have any listings on eBay I have a bit of a leverage with pricing, I'm really just trying to see if I can get any bites with these, and if not I'll certainly lower them. I think maybe some could be justifiable but there is a bit of a goal we are trying to reach. If you do see, most models have free shipping so we really only would make $100 of that given its UPS 4-day.

Phony askings....
Yes I know…I don’t intend for them to be that way, there’s just kinda a goal he wants to reach and I had to balance it somewhat. However if it sells then it sells, I already had 3 purchases so far with these prices so it seems to be working just fine for now.

Yes I know…I don’t intend for them to be that way, there’s just kinda a goal he wants to reach and I had to balance it somewhat. However if it sells then it sells, I already had 3 purchases so far with these prices so it seems to be working just fine for now.
The best way to reach a good price on E. Bay is to list the model at the price you paid for it. Let the market decide if it's worth more to them, but at least with only one bid you will get your money back and collectors didn't think it was worth more! Many people have the perception that they can make huge profits from selling their models but that will only happen if the listed price is low enough to encourage bidders.

The best way to reach a good price on E. Bay is to list the model at the price you paid for it. Let the market decide if it's worth more to them, but at least with only one bid you will get your money back and collectors didn't think it was worth more! Many people have the perception that they can make huge profits from selling their models but that will only happen if the listed price is low enough to encourage bidders.
Thank you for some positive feedback this time, yeah i’m thinking bidding may be a good option, we’ve thought about trying FB marketplace due to eBay’s fees as well.

Ebay history shows only two sales, one of which was <$60. As others have mentioned, I'm not so certain the inflated prices will bode well with most buyers. Most will glance and then move on.

What exactly is the goal being reached?

Ebay history shows only two sales, one of which was <$60. As others have mentioned, I'm not so certain the inflated prices will bode well with most buyers. Most will glance and then move on.

What exactly is the goal being reached?
We’ve sold 3 to my knowledge, don’t quote me on that though, yeah one was below 60 but for being the Orbis set that usually nobody wants I would say it was a decent sale in my books. The goal really is to just get and average around 60-80 a model? And that’s the average, doesn’t mean every model will be priced at that, some lower, some higher.