How to repair models and how to source new parts for them

abdulmohiuddin

Hello,

I have an old JC 777-300ER that suffered an unfortunate accident which resulted in the landing gear being damaged. I wish to fix this model, as I am quite fond of the model itself so I would like to ask for help.
How exactly would I go about the following:
- Finding a replacement set of landing gear
- Removing the faulty landing gear with none/minimal damage
- Fusing of the new replacement landing gear to the model

Any tips or past experiences repairing models would be greatly appreciated!

Image of the damaged model:
385544194_341300515174685_7472361224934250318_n.jpg

Sometimes it's worth contacting the manufacturer for a replacement set of wheels. Not sure about JC, but NG are very cooperative about replacements. 3D printing is also sometimes an option, but not often viable for landing gear.

But how exactly would one contact JC Wings? I haven't found any email or anything that could help. I thought about contacting Gemini Jets for help as this model in particular was released alongside a Gemini version that is almost identical to this one apart from some stickers but I'm not too optimistic about any positive response

But how exactly would one contact JC Wings? I haven't found any email or anything that could help. I thought about contacting Gemini Jets for help as this model in particular was released alongside a Gemini version that is almost identical to this one apart from some stickers but I'm not too optimistic about any positive response
Gemini's very picky about replacement parts, you usually have to provide proof of purchase from an authorised Gemini resaler. I'd try messaging JC on Instagram, they tend to be the most active on there.

They might have an email listed on their website where you can request spare parts, but I don’t know

I've always wondered why manufacturers don't sell spare parts.
They should sell some kits. Landing gears are always prone to breaking!

Having some engine sets would be interesting too.

Try messaging 'johanchan2004' on eBay. Say you're looking for this particular part and ask if you can ship it with a model when you purchase it. I've had them send me spare parts before (but that was because the model had issues when it arrived, so IDK if it'll be the same for you but worth a shot, idk why they would say no if you buy a model.