Fleet building

Planeoldwill

I’ve been trying for awhile to build up fleets of various airlines. living in the uk, these airlines are: Jet2, Ryanair, EasyJet, Tui and Thomas cook.

im hoping that NG considers making a few more of them and I was really pleased when they made a big batch of jet2s a few years ago, all with different regs but I’m curious to know what other fleet builders do.

Do you buy the same model with the same reg a few times or do you wait until the manufacturers decide to make another example of the airline?

Being an Australian collector, I rarely have the luxury to pick and choose my brands. If I see a Qantas 737 get released for example, I will buy lots of them, up to 4 or 5. That is mostly because modern Australian narrowbodies are so hard to find, and rarely get made. For widebodies it is a different story though. Gemini tends to give us Aussies a sufficient amount, as is the same for RJs. For the sake of fleet-building, I love NG's dual and tri releases, they really help. I have been pestering NG to make the rest of the Qantas 737s and to fix the gaping hole in 1:400 that is the Jetstar A320s for goodness knows how long, and once they do, I would buy a LOT!

Being an Australian collector, I rarely have the luxury to pick and choose my brands. If I see a Qantas 737 get released, I will buy lots of them, up to 4 or 5. That is mostly because modern Australian narrowbodies are so hard to find, and rarely get made. For widebodies it is a different story.
Definitely mate. The jet2 set was a great release as I now have 5 of them, all with different regs. I'm hoping that they do the same with Ryanair as I'm not a huge fan of the JC/Gemini or phoenix versions and they always sell well over here!

I'm the same with easyjet, the moment NG makes a few of those, I will snap them up immediately!

Definitely mate. The jet2 set was a great release as I now have 5 of them, all with different regs. I'm hoping that they do the same with Ryanair as I'm not a huge fan of the JC/Gemini or phoenix versions and they always sell well over here!

I'm the same with easyjet, the moment NG makes a few of those, I will snap them up immediately!
Yeah. I feel all the budget carriers outside of the US are really poorly represented. What we need is a manufacturer that focuses on those areas.

Yeah. I feel all the budget carriers outside of the US are really poorly represented. What we need is a manufacturer that focuses on those areas.
NG is definitely the fairest of the bunch, they tend to do 1 month focusing on 1 continent and then 1 month on another. There has been a recent startup for europe in the form of EU models. I’ve spoken to the guy before that’s setting it up and he seems like a nice guy. It will take almost 2 years to do though so could be waiting awhile 😂

NG is definitely the fairest of the bunch, they tend to do 1 month focusing on 1 continent and then 1 month on another. There has been a recent startup for europe in the form of EU models. I’ve spoken to the guy before that’s setting it up and he seems like a nice guy. It will take almost 2 years to do though so could be waiting awhile 😂
I thought EU models went under? It will be interesting to see how it pans out, and maybe we might see an 'AU Models' in the future (I doubt it, I think I let my wishful thinking take over).

I’ve been trying for awhile to build up fleets of various airlines. living in the uk, these airlines are: Jet2, Ryanair, EasyJet, Tui and Thomas cook.

im hoping that NG considers making a few more of them and I was really pleased when they made a big batch of jet2s a few years ago, all with different regs but I’m curious to know what other fleet builders do.

Do you buy the same model with the same reg a few times or do you wait until the manufacturers decide to make another example of the airline?
I buy all models made of Dutch airlines (Mostly KLM but also a good portion of Martinair, Transavia and a couple of others) so I recognize your collection pattern haha.

I tend to want each registration and livery (And thus also each registration and livery combination) that's available. This means that the only time I won't buy a model from a Dutch airline is when we've already had the exact same registration and livery combination released in the past - and even then I will replace the older version if the newer one is a better version.

So basically I buy almost all models, but only one model of each.

I buy all models made of Dutch airlines (Mostly KLM but also a good portion of Martinair, Transavia and a couple of others) so I recognize your collection pattern haha.

I tend to want each registration and livery (And thus also each registration and livery combination) that's available. This means that the only time I won't buy a model from a Dutch airline is when we've already had the exact same registration and livery combination released in the past - and even then I will replace the older version if the newer one is a better version.

So basically I buy almost all models, but only one model of each.
I also usually buy one model of each type and paint scheme, primarily U S airlines.

I’m with the previous two replies; I like to do one of each aircraft. Different variations in the livery are assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Agreed. I have no problem buying multiple regs of the same airline-aircraft combination, but never duplicates of the same release. The only time I was fleet building was when I was trying to complete my airport, but even then, a small airport like SBA thankfully did not need duplicates.

For me multiple models of different Regs such as all the BA 744, 772, 773 from GJ as well BA A380s from GJ and PHX but made sure all different reg