Bubbling... 2021 PHX 1:400 Turkish Cargo B777-200F

quanng

I just found out that my long-anticipated model, which had been in my fleet for over a year, developed bubbling symptom. It saddened me kinda much. Here are the photos. Some of the bubbles are kinda small and hard to notice so I circled it red.Screenshots_2022-10-23-21-21-14.png

Screenshots_2022-10-23-21-21-52.png

Screenshots_2022-10-23-21-22-11.png

To be honest it is a very nice model! Though I still loves it!

Last edited:
Like @Purpleplane said, I cannot imagine zinc rot on a 2021 release. It is a shame that in 2021/22 we still have paint bubbling! Is there an alternative model you could replace this with?

Looks like really bad surface prep. Can't imagine it being the zinc rot already.
I am afraid that maybe the whole batch is affected, given that 2 examples have developed bubbling. Iirc, zinc rot affects the metal casting, bubbling is due to the paint. Richard (@YesterAirlines ) can you help us out?

Like @Purpleplane said, I cannot imagine zinc rot on a 2021 release. It is a shame that in 2021/22 we still have paint bubbling! Is there an alternative model you could replace this with?
Yes it is such a shame for a modern release. There are alternatives (1. option: getting another PHX and pray that it does not bubbling, 2. Get the JC version but albeit not as good as PHX imo) but I have higher priorities for other releases.

Yes it is such a shame for a modern release. There are alternatives (1. option: getting another PHX and pray that it does not bubbling, 2. Get the JC version but albeit not as good as PHX imo) but I have higher priorities for other releases.
Fair enough, money is a limited resource after all. Is the JC's colour off or do you just prefer the PHX mould?

Fair enough, money is a limited resource after all. Is the JC's colour off or do you just prefer the PHX mould?
I just prefer the PHX mould tbh, unless there is a discount with GJ/JC new mould (which made me bought the GJ China Airlines Cargo B77L). I think B77L from PHX is superior. My new Ethiopian Cargo looks just amazing!