$350 Frontier 737-200...

And also, congratulations on acquiring such beautiful models, hope we can see them on here soon?
Thanks mate! I found both of them within weeks of each other a few years back, thanks to fellow collectors in the DAC forum who helped me out. No ebay madness to contend with!

I already posted one of them amongst a bunch of others in the ‘favourite models’ thread but will post there again with the pair lol 👍

Thanks mate! I found both of them within weeks of each other a few years back, thanks to fellow collectors in the DAC forum who helped me out. No ebay madness to contend with!

I already posted one of them amongst a bunch of others in the ‘favourite models’ thread but will post there again with the pair lol 👍
Thanks! I was a bit unsure about your wording, wasn’t sure if you were the one selling them, the buyer or if you already had them. Thanks for clearing it up!

View attachment 5219

I mean honestly though 😅
I wonder if the people that routinely pay 400+ for Viasa's N749WA realize that it is missing the antiglare and the nose cargo door outline.

Model:

1668217560248.png

Real aircraft:

1668217747510.png1668217667602.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently got outbid on a GJ Landor Concorde and I went pretty high, up to $80, but it sold in the 90s. I was glad that I got outbid because then thought $80 was still far too much for that model. As far as I could tell it is one of those cases in which a BA Landor model gets the Chatham Dockyard font, no? Plus I think it is likely that sooner or later another one will be released. I honestly hope the buyer is enjoying it, it is a lovely aircraft for sure.

I’m after the Herpa Landor Concorde, I think that’s the better one to get? Another release of this wouldn’t hurt at all though. The Chatham/Utopia font has been used all to often for Landor releases 😮😬

After that Viasa too, but just not attainable for a realistic price. The lack of an antiglare shield justifies a re-release! I also didn’t even realise that it was a cargo machine by the time it reached Viasa until recently. Quite the history with this one.

Last edited:
I’m after the Herpa Landor Concorde, I think that’s the better one to get? Another release of this wouldn’t hurt at all though. The Chatham/Utopia font has been used all to often for Landor releases 😮😬

After that Viasa too, but just not attainable for a realistic price. The lack of an antiglare shield justifies a re-release! I also didn’t even realise that it was a cargo machine by the time it reached Viasa until recently. Quite the history with this one.

I have heard the Herpa one is the better one to get, I had an opportunity to get one for $89 on an eBay auction in which the winning bidder defaulted, I passed on it because did not like the circumstances of the situation. I regret it, but not too much, it was expensive...

I thought GJ was pretty good at using the correct font in Landor subjects, but I guess not.

I think the only airline that used N749WA for passenger ops was Braniff, everyone else (and the list is long) used it to haul freight, and of course, it was the prototype Evergreen SuperTanker 947, which oh by the way is also going decent amounts of cash even after the recent release of 979...

I have heard the Herpa one is the better one to get, I had an opportunity to get one for $89 on an eBay auction in which the winning bidder defaulted, I passed on it because did not like the circumstances of the situation. I regret it, but not too much, it was expensive...

I thought GJ was pretty good at using the correct font in Landor subjects, but I guess not.

I think the only airline that used N749WA for passenger ops was Braniff, everyone else (and the list is long) used it to haul freight, and of course, it was the prototype Evergreen SuperTanker 947, which oh by the way is also going decent amounts of cash even after the recent release of 979...
Yes it is - this is what I heard too, and seeing pictures of the Herpa version (I've yet to ever see one in reality) it looks to be a superior mould? I would have passed on it as well in that situation, you've got to be careful of this kind of stuff on ebay - buyer beware!

Yeah very odd about that with GJ as they have the BA license, you'd think that would guarantee the correct font but I guess not...

Yes it was Braniff for pax config, it does have a long list of operators, I think World Airways were the original delivery customer. This is the thing, even releases a day old are getting the inflated prices now. Indeed I've seen 979 at those premiums.