ZIPPER: Air Canada's Western LCC

YesterAirlines

Yesterday's Airlines began as a place to look at avhistory through the models and I still love doing that although I don't get to do it as much as I did and the research involved means these pieces take a while to put together. I recently acquired four of the five Aeroclassics ZIP 737s and it took me back to a time when legacy carriers tried to compete against LCCs using low cost subsidiaries. Most of these attempts didn't last long for various reasons and ZIP was no exception.

Another couple of interesting things about ZIP - only 6 of their 20 737s wore the scheme that is usually associated with the airline and there never was a red version as AC have made here.

ZIP_01.jpg

Beautiful jellybeans! One of their B737-200s (in full Fuchsia colors) was later operated by my local airline TAF Linhas Aéreas, here in Fortaleza, Brasil.
On delivery flight, she arrived here still wearing the very eyecatching livery! :)

By the way, when you say "red", I swear I only see the fuchsia color. The AC model looks correct to me and I also don't think the real C-GMCP look red at all :unsure:🧐

Beautiful jellybeans! One of their B737-200s (in full Fuchsia colors) was later operated by my local airline TAF Linhas Aéreas, here in Fortaleza, Brasil.
On delivery flight, she arrived here still wearing the very eyecatching livery! :)

By the way, when you say "red", I swear I only see the fuchsia color. The AC model looks correct to me and I also don't think the real C-GMCP look red at all :unsure:🧐
Trust me compare it to the real Fuchsia and it is way off:

1714766780950.png

Also check out the actual Pink version Aeroclassics made (not that they got the colour right there either):

1714766826938.png